Overweight/Obese

MoldyVoldy

Khaleesi
Reaction score
Anyone TTC who are overweight or obese? What are your concerns?

My only concern is that it's affecting my hormone levels meaning my pcos is preventing conception! I have regular periods but cannot seem to conceive my second child, conceive pad my first within a few months of trying even though I have pcos. He is three now and a second is not happening :(

My only concern is that it's affecting my hormone levels meaning my pcos is preventing conception! I have regular periods but cannot seem to conceive my second child, conceive pad my first within a few months of trying even though I have pcos. He is three now and a second is not happening :(
ugh i'm sorry :(

I also have pcos that my weight impacts. I also worry about my blood sugar since it was a struggle with ds and pcos has a higher rate of problems with it.

Outside of that nothing. Just gotta get ovulating.

I was normal weight with my son, but I gained 60 lbs and then this past year I gained 30 more :/

Last bloodwork I had done, I was healthy. But my weight makes me nervous sometimes when I think about pregnancy. I worry about GD, and pre e.

All mu blood work comes back healthy except I am insulin resistant.

I was so fearful of pre e with ds. But I managed not to get it. And they say there is less chance in subsequent pregnancies.

I am certain I will end up on insulin agai. Which isn't that bad. I struggled more with having appoints so frequently. Towards the end I had 3 a week. And then all the fears something was going to happen to me baby. But he's a pretty normal, healthy, happy toddler. So that helps my fears with #2.

All mu blood work comes back healthy except I am insulin resistant.

I was so fearful of pre e with ds. But I managed not to get it. And they say there is less chance in subsequent pregnancies.

I am certain I will end up on insulin agai. Which isn't that bad. I struggled more with having appoints so frequently. Towards the end I had 3 a week. And then all the fears something was going to happen to me baby. But he's a pretty normal, healthy, happy toddler. So that helps my fears with #2.
i didn't know about there being less chance in subsequent pregnancies...that helps ease my mind a bit xo

Other than being overweight, I was told I was relatively healthy as well. My concern is that my weight is preventing me from having a child.

Other than being overweight, I was told I was relatively healthy as well. My concern is that my weight is preventing me from having a child.
I hope it works out for you. I'm sorry you're struggling :/

See although I have pcos I have a cycle every month, not sure on ovulation as I stopped charting a month ago! but through charting I have seen a regular ovulation pattern, playing a waiting game :/

Hello just thought I'd pop by
I have got 3 children
I am over weight /obese I am 5ft9 and weigh 17 stone I do try to diet sometimes but lack willpower
I had absolutely zero problems with the babies whatsoever in every pregnancy only obstetric choleostasies myself in the last 2
They kept telling me they wouldn't be able to get clear scans etc but each time they were crystal clear
Testing for gestational diabetes every time it was all clear
All 3 labours were absolutely fine
As for birth weight
#1 8lb4 6 days past due date
#2 8lb induced @ 37+1 due to OC
#3 9lb8 induced @ 37 weeks also OC

Hello just thought I'd pop by
I have got 3 children
I am over weight /obese I am 5ft9 and weigh 17 stone I do try to diet sometimes but lack willpower
I had absolutely zero problems with the babies whatsoever in every pregnancy only obstetric choleostasies myself in the last 2
They kept telling me they wouldn't be able to get clear scans etc but each time they were crystal clear
Testing for gestational diabetes every time it was all clear
All 3 labours were absolutely fine
As for birth weight
#1 8lb4 6 days past due date
#2 8lb induced @ 37+1 due to OC
#3 9lb8 induced @ 37 weeks also OC

Thank you for this! What does OC mean?

Obstetric choleostasies
It is to do with the liver making excess bile salts during pregnancy
It causes excess itching mostly the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet it's very uncomfortable
Anyone can get it
It's not because of high BMI x

Obstetric choleostasies
It is to do with the liver making excess bile salts during pregnancy
It causes excess itching mostly the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet it's very uncomfortable
Anyone can get it
It's not because of high BMI x
oh I see. Thank you for that info!

Don't worry though they told me it isn't very common
Didn't mean to scare you by saying anyone can get it lol
I just meant big or small
Hope you get your bfp soon x

Ladies, don't give up, I joined slimming world for the sol purpose of losing weight to conceive my second baby without 'help' I am overweight and I do have PCOS, I got this yesterday afternoon

12544760_10156450528280346_65508867_o.jpg

and this this afternoon

12544681_10156450528745346_2384537_o.jpg

This is a 20miu

We have been ttc three years x

Ladies, don't give up, I joined slimming world for the sol purpose of losing weight to conceive my second baby without 'help' I am overweight and I do have PCOS, I got this yesterday afternoon

We have been ttc three years x

Congrats!! :happydance:

Hey ladies.
I'm overweight and definitely worried. I had a mc in nov AF 8 weeks and didn't ovulate last month and I'm worried they were caused by my weight. I started working out and dieting two weeks ago to loose weight and prepare for baby.

Hey .
I recognise a lot of faces in here ��
I'm over weight too.
I'm just over 15 stone,
Down from 18 at my heaviest.
I've had 3 mc and 1 son.
No doc has ever said they think its my weight.
I am losing weight though.
For me and for my liver ��
I got oc too with my son
At 38 weeks mt bile acids were high.
They induced 5 days later.

I was a stone heavier starting out with my son than I am now.
Hoping if I keep up my healthy habits
All will be ok this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"