Ovulated. Then LH surge and AF is due on Saturday

highhopes80

Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first post, I'm utterly confused and have searched high and low for some help. But no luck, so fingers crossed someone here might share thier experience.
I ovulated early this month like between 2-4 July and did try then. My clearblue OPK confirmed that I was ovulating.

However I usually ovulate later in the month so I continued testing in case there was an error, I had a few days not fertile followed by the blinking smiley - High fertility for about a week and continuing. My period is due on Saturday but am still having those high fertility (LH surge) smileys.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I can't understand how I can have high fertility or even ovulate when my period is due in a few days????

Thanks Guys!!!

I've heard that a pregnancy can turn an OPK positive. I don't know if it'll work with the CB digi, but it can with other OPK's. When are you testing?

First urine in the morning, was wondering if I should do a pregnancy test, but i just hate getting the negative result!!!

Hahah oops!! Really??!! I just got butterflies in my tummy reading that! Ok I'll try fingers crossed!!!

Good luck! Make sure to post the picture at 10 min, so we can all obsess with you. :)

Flashing smileys are caused by estrogen being present.

You get a fixed smiley when you have your LH surge.

Like you I ovulated early this cycle and carried on taking OPKs just in case there was a mistake and have had flashing smileys for 4 days now.

Xx

Look at the graph on this site!

https://www.healthcare.siemens.com/...eproductive-endocrinology/reproductive-health

Estrogen levels dip straight after Ovulation (which is why we both got a low reading the day after) and then they rise again slightly (which probably explains our high readings).

Xx

https://www.healthcare.siemens.com/...eproductive-endocrinology/reproductive-health

Estrogen levels dip straight after Ovulation (which is why we both got a low reading the day after) and then they rise again slightly (which probably explains our high readings).

Xx

I was looking at your chart and noticed you had 2 peak readings, then a low, then highs on your cbfm. I thought the instructions said you'd always get a 2nd peak day after your first peak and then a day of high before low readings. I'm confused. Haha

Thanks for that, really thought it meant something this time. I did the test but it turned out negative :(

Boo, I'm sorry. :( I hope it turns pos for you soon!

Xx

I was looking at your chart and noticed you had 2 peak readings, then a low, then highs on your cbfm. I thought the instructions said you'd always get a 2nd peak day after your first peak and then a day of high before low readings. I'm confused. Haha

I don't use the cbfm. I use the CB advanced digi OPKs which give you low, high & peak readings!

But yes I'm confused by my chart too...i usually start testing at CD10 and get 1-2 days of low readings followed by 3-4 days of high readings and then my 2 days of peak!! :haha:

Hence why I carried on testing after my peak reading (just in case my body tried to ovulate, didn't and was going to try again) and was surprised to be still getting high readings!

Xx

Hi All,
This is my first post, I'm utterly confused and have searched high and low for some help. But no luck, so fingers crossed someone here might share thier experience.
I ovulated early this month like between 2-4 July and did try then. My clearblue OPK confirmed that I was ovulating.

However I usually ovulate later in the month so I continued testing in case there was an error, I had a few days not fertile followed by the blinking smiley - High fertility for about a week and continuing. My period is due on Saturday but am still having those high fertility (LH surge) smileys.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I can't understand how I can have high fertility or even ovulate when my period is due in a few days????

Thanks Guys!!!

if you have PCOS it could cause cycles to be longer with longer fertility window! That happens to me all the time and thus making it difficult to pinpoint ovulation!. I would BD on all the fertile days though.Its hard i know.
I got my BFP on CD 60, Ovulated on CD 45 .. i was not charting religiously and had sex for 2 days that month so I know when I ovulated. I happen to MC that one and the next 3.. still TTC. Best of luck to you honey.

Mind if i join the conversation? This is my first month ttc and I figure I'm ovulating on the 23rd. This would be a second baby for me bit it's been so long I forget it all! My son's 13. I'd love to have a few women to go through this with. My husband and I have decided not to tell anyone until we have pass the first trimester... If we ever get that far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->