ovulated twice?? WTH

JPARR01

2 girls and 1 boy otw!
Reaction score
So I got a positive OPK on Thursday (day 16 of my cycle). I used a clear blue digital OPK and got the smiley face.

This morning I wake up and use my CBFM like I have been all month and it is CD 19 and I get a PEAK reading on the monitor.

WTF is going on?!?!?! I have a 30 day cycle so it will be bad if I did ovulate today. I don't know what is going on.

Well I just did a CB digital and one of those wondfo ones. This is what I got. OMG WTH is going on with my body!

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15
hmm sorry i cant help, but if you ovulated twice this could mean twins... right???? x

I get this too. I use the CBFM and generally get my peaks around 16/17. Then sometimes I've done an OPK a couple of days later (you know, just for fun) and it's been positive. I've googled and googled and have no idea what it is. Will check back in case anyone on here has any advice!

I know it is possible to ovulate twice, but I don't use sticks so I'm not to clues up on them... That is pretty crazy sounding. Someone is going to know the answer to this...

Well I just did another CB digital and Wondfo OPK tests and BOTH positive. Smiley face on the digital and strong lines on the Wondfo. I am so upset right now and scared. I have 30 day cycles and today is CD 19. So if I ovulate tomorrow and get AF on July 8, my Luteal Phase is only 10 days.

Do you think I should call up my doctor tomorrow and ask him what he thinks....

The cycle I got my bfp I had a four day surge temps were all over the place too. Either your body geared up to ovulate then did not so started the surge again. There could be two eggs maturing but they are usually released 12-24 hrs apart or you are catching your surge on the eay back down. good luck either way. x

Thanks for your response. I have been taking extra folic acid 2.5-4 mg (because of the methotrexate shot I had in March) and wondering if that has something to do with all of this.

I'd give your doc a ring my friend, this is the last thing you need right now. Keep us posted x

I would definitely call doc tomorrow. I'm not sure about any ovulation stuff. Good luck! Keep the faith!
Heb. 11:1

I think the poster who mentioned the body gearing up to ovulate and then not quite managing it might have something. I've heard that before. Do you temp too? I never assume ovulation until after my temp has risen!

You can have a LH surge that lasts a few days - https://www.usmomssite.com/long-lh-surge

Or as someone else said your body can 'try' to ovulate and you get a surge but it doesn't happen, so it 'trys' again hence the multiple positive OPKs

Also your Lutal Phase normally stays the same - so if you ovulate later then your cycle will probably be longer :flower:

I decided I am not going to call the doctor. Cause I know exactly what he will say. "Jenn, you need to relax and stop stressing!" That is what I heard also pink, about the luteal phase staying the same.

Also, I think I am going to start temping next cycle. I have never done it before.

Hey ladies! Not sure how helpful I can be, but I recently started acupuncture last week (I'm willing to try anything for that BFP) and she is making me temp next cycle. When I explained that I use OPKs she told me by using both then you can guarantee you O'd.

She went on to say that sometimes, if your body is having trouble Oing that you'll get the surge (hence a positive on CBFM) but not actually have successful O. Maybe try both?

Gl to all of you :)

Hey Jenn,
Try not to worry tooo much. I know its easier said than done. Try to stay positive, your luteal phase will more or less remain stable. I was temping religiously and my temp always dropped one day before AF and when I o'd it always went up by about .5 degree the next morning. X

Awww jparr that's good hyperthetical advice from the doc! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->