Ovulating or pregnant

lbr102

Reaction score
Hello, first time posting!

I was due my depoprovera injection in July and chose to come off it to give my body a break. DP and I both thought this was a good idea - we have been together eight years so although a baby right now isn't in the plans, it wouldn't be bad.

So far I haven't had a period but understand that's normal coming off the depo. About two weeks ago my breasts got really sensitive (adn the nipples as well) and I felt a bit sicky. I also had a few very mild cramps in my stomach on the left. I thought I might be pregnant, did two tests and they both were negative. Having looked online, I figured that I must be ovulating. I have never had such symptoms of ovulation before but have been on contraception a very long time.

Since then my breasts have hurt on and off, my stomach has hurt a little and two days last week I was absolutely exhausted for no reason.

Also my cup size when I measured two weeks ago had gone up two sizes!

Now I tested again last night but it was negative. I don't really know when I should test. As I haven't had a period since coming off my injection I don't know when I would be due.

My breasts started hurting around about the the 6th and 7th. They started to 'calm down' a bit on the 12th/13th and have hurt on and off since then. I assume I was ovulating some time during that time frame. When would be the best time/most accurate time to test?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

while i have never been on depo i have read a lot of people experience the same symptoms and been told that its just a side effect of coming off the shot...

They say it can take anywhere up to 2 years to become pregnant after stopping the shot but of course every woman is different

Best of luck to you

i would honestly talk to your doctor they are the best people to give you advice and maybe even check your bloods etc. i would rather be safe than sorry, sometimes u can be pregnant and get neg test although its very rare and sometimes happens with ectopics. but it could be anything, u could have underlying PCOS etc. bing on controception etc stops effects of PCOS and they can start after stopping after being on any medication etc for soo long it can cause problems side effects etc and hormonal ones of course will cause hormonal confusion and such for your body for a while.

Thank you both for your responses.

The depo does do crazy things to the body. I've decided I won't be going back on it in the future. I don't think it was too clever being on it for so long.

I will put an appointment on next week for the Dr as I would like to make sure there are no underlying things. Unfortunately my surgery is one that only lets you see a nurse who (it seems) tries to fob you off and stop you seeing a dr. Hopefully I will get to see a nice one though who will be helpful.

How long were you on Depo. I was on Depo for like 2 years and my body felt a little weird after I came off of it. After two months of not being on anything because I wanted to give my body a break, I went on the pill to regulate my body again and everything felt normal again. The pill helped regulate periods too b/c it can take a while after depo for them to be normal again.

you might need to go on progestone to help start your period thats what i need to take when my pcos gets really bad and stops my periods for months at a time, i went years between periods before.

Thank you both. :)

This time round I think I was on it for about 3 years. Last time I was on it for a bit longer I think and period came back two months later. I didn't have any strange symptoms at all. I have honestly never felt ovulation like (I assume) I felt the other week. And has for the size of my breasts - I have always been tiny so it is quite strange that they have grown so much!

I will do another pregnancy test this week and if I still haven't got a period, I'll consider speaking to the dr.

If anyone else gets sore bbs around ovulation, is it usually slightly before/during/after?

i get sore boobs and boob growth during ovulation/ 2WW my boobs in the last few months have gotten a bit bigger too but i think its hormon related.

Ditto on the soreness. I find it is usually before ovulation. I also get minor cramps during ovulation but I'm pretty certain it is because of my endometriosis. But a pregnancy test is always the safest route! Good luck.

I usually get mine after ov - weird how all our bodies are so different! :D

I came off depo mid august this year. Im still waiting for flow to return but the past 2 weeks ive had reallly big boobs and they are really hard also a little sore. also had really bad skin too. ive done afew tests, they all say negative tho so im guessin its just hormones that wont leave, just hopeing it means flow will be here asap. :wacko:

I really wish I read all this stuff about what you go through after taking Depo. I was only on it for 6 months though and just went off. Hoping to get pregnant soon. I'm glad you posted because I won't find these symptoms out of the ordinary if I start to go through them soon.

Hello, well my period never came which was odd. Now one month on from the original symptoms of what i thought was ovuation, I'm getting them again! I'm slightly confused as surely I can't have ovulated last month if I haven't had a period (unless i became pregnant - I've had 5 BFN though so doubt it).

There has been a lot more cramping this month - it's like my tummy is doing a little dance!

it could be that you didn't ovulate last month is there any chance u could have PCOS cause i get what your describing alot and often go months without a period.

it could be that you didn't ovulate last month is there any chance u could have PCOS cause i get what your describing alot and often go months without a period.

I do that; I've gone 4 months before without one, but I've never been checked for PCOS, Dr. always said it was just me being irregular and it'd straighten out, but it hasn't, lol.

thats terrible i would go back and demand tests, say your TTC and that each month is important because of that and if you have PCOS you want to know now so you can get tests, they should be able to offer you a hormonal blood panel and maybe even an interenal scan. mine was first found through blood work then scan, but i was told before i demanded for the tests i was too skinny to have PCOS... do you have any other symptoms?

the symptoms i have are:
lack of periods and ovulation
pains in my sides where my ovaries are
exess hair growth.
exess testostrone
cysts on both ovaries... etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members