Ovulation Clots..

Lorelle22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this. But I'm 24, married, and have been ttc (for 1st baby) for what feels like forever now. We starting ttc in December of 2012, and have a chemical pregnancy in March of 2013. took 2 months off of trying (personal preference, the doctor said we could starting right away) so we started again in June 2013. I have 30 day cycles with 5 day periods. I didn't start taking Prenatal vitamins until September 2013, but since October 2013 I have had mid cycle spotting every month (what I can only assume is due to O. it is typically light in color), about half the time I have slight cramping that goes along with spotting. But last month for 2 days and this month (yesterday and today) along with mid cycle bleeding, I have experienced some bright red and black blood, along with the lighter blood and then have passed a large amount of small clots, the largest, being about the size of my pinky finger nail. I have tried researching clots during O on google but haven't had very much luck. Which leads me to think I should be worried. I was going to call my OBGYN today but forgot they close early on Fridays. Does anyone have any knowledge about this sort of situation? Thanks!

Please excuse all of my spelling errors… I am trying to type in the dark.. Thanks!!! :dohh:

I had this on a few cycles but not every cycle...clots and all. My hormones were very much out of balance and I ended up finding out I had cyst and fibroids which may or may not have contributed...they never could say for sure. I always had these issues worse after a loss as well.

Have you had your levels checked out at a doctor? You might consider charting as a starting point to see if your mid cycle bleeding is right before, during, or directly after O. Also there are some other signs that can stick out on your chart that could tip you off you might have a hormonal imbalance. For the record I went the holistic route and used non prescription supplements to straighten out my cycles once I saw some of my issues by charting. Best of luck moving forward and so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Thank you SO much for your response. I have been contemplating whether or not I should start charting, but I definitely will now. I would want to go the holistic approach as well. I realize that some people need prescription meds for things, but I feel that it is much healthier for me and my future baby if we keep things natural.

I had the same symptoms that developed over about a six month period. I got worried when I started seeing large black clots in my CM right at ovulation, and went to see my gynecologist. She did an exam and a pelvic ultrasound, and it turned out I had several polyps- 2 in the uterus and one inside the cervix. I haven't started TTC yet, but learned that these can definitely cause infertility and even early miscarriages. I had them removed with a hysteroscopy and it was no big deal. I would recommend visiting your doctor for a transvaginal/pelvic ultrasound to rule out polyps or fibroids and maybe some bloodwork to see if your hormones are out of balance. Good luck!

Thank you for your response! I tried calling the doc today but I guess they were too busy… I'll try again tomorrow.. Because there was some form of bleeding every day through yesterday (so 5 days) and I'm experience some sharp pains now, so I just know something had to be wrong..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->