Ovulation confusion

SummerStars

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reading this forum for months and I'm addicted, it's so nice to see how supportive everyone is of each other. Finally decided to sign up and post myself.

So I'm just going to dive right in with something, hope some people can help.

Sorry for the really long post!

My partner and I have been ttc for 8 months now. When we first decided to try I just came off the pill and with that we expected to get pregnant straight away (ah, how we know different now lol).

After months of being gutted by the many bfn results we decided to look up some stuff on the internet and try everything we could to improve our chances.

We didnt do any temp taking, just worked out ovulation dates.

My last af was march 12th so ovulation was worked out around the 26th to 29th. We bd on the 27th and twice on the 28th.

So, this past few days I have been really excited waiting to take a test, so I was lookin a few things up on the internet when I came accross a site that says because I have a 32/33 day cycle I actually would not have started ovulating until the 29th. I'm gutted. Is this another month out? I know sperm can survive for upto 5 days but is that not a smaller chance of conception?

It makes sense, because I do remember noticing alot of cm on the 29th, so I do think that's when I started. :cry:

Hi Summerstars

Read the post below (if I have got the link right - let me know if you get it)

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/118488-early-ov.html

Glitterbug was asking the question yesterday about ovulating early. Read the bits about the luteal phase as this will answer your question. If everything is OK then you should be ovulating anywhere roundabout CD17ish to CD23ish. (CD1 is the first day of AF)

Does that help?

Good Luck

When you ovluate completely depends on how long your normal luteal phase is. There is no way to know what your luteal phase is without figuring it out for yourself. Unforntunately, all the internet calculators can do is give you guesses -- which as you found out, are often inaccurate.

I would strongly reccommend at least getting opks and trying to get a better idea of when you ovulate from them. The best is BBT charting (as that is the only way to CONFIRM that you actually ovulated, other than getting blood tests), but I know that is a bit intense for some people.

Good luck!! :dust:

Hello :wave:
YOu need to BD every other or every third day to make sure you cover all bases - that's what the medical experts recommend.

Hi and welcome!

I would echo what TigerLady said. Using OPK's will give you a good idea of when you are about to ovulate and by temping you can see when you have ovulated. It's like looking at a puzzle and the temping etc... will help you look at the whole picture (which will hopefully be of a baby) :happydance:

Best of luck!

xxx:hug:

Hi,

I am in a similar situation to yourself. my fiancee and i are also TTC i wasnt on the pill but i had the implanon. when i got it taken out we both thought i would get pregnant straight away. much to both our disapointment i didnt,and we are still TTC.
without going into to much detail we decised the best way to make sure we didnt miss ovulation time was to have sex every day.
I am due to do a test on th 20th and im very nervous as i really want it be BFP.

All the best honey!!
:hug:

Your most fertile days are 2-3 days before you ovulate (when you have egg white CM) and also on the day that you ovulate. So your chances of getting pregnant if you ovulated on the 29th and had sex on the 27th/29th are still there! :baby:

I would really recommend that you join fertilityfriend.com.

It will chart your fertility based on your CM & other secondary signs, exactly when you ovulate based on your temps, and also tell you when 'best to test'. Plus loads of other stuff! It has a really clear and comprehensive charting course too (all free!). It helps you kind of 'take control' without getting too obsessive about it all. I have been doing it just this month (to get the hang of it) before we start to TTC at the end of the month. :happydance:

Thanks for all the replys, checked out that thread peardrop, answered alot of questions, thanks!

I'm exhausted with the whole thing, I think I may have become obsessed. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->