Ovulation Confusion.....

Tinkle

Reaction score
Hi all, I've never actually posted so please excuse me if this seems a daft post! But I was just wondering really if anyone hd any thoughts/answers.

My period ended 30/3 and I had a clear sticky cm on the 3rd followed by a positive ovulation test, two extremely dark lines two days running, now, my calendar says I ought to be ovulating today but no signs of any sticky cm around or leading up to now and just back to a dull line on the opk.

I guess my question is whether it's possible to ovulate so soon after a period? I've been ridiculously dizzy ever since, and my boobs still so sore, I'm just a bit worried too that it means something is up?

I am new to this so I'm not fully in tune! :)

Any help or thoughts would be lovely of you! :blush:

xxx

Its definitely possible to ovulate that early. I know many on here do and I'd say its better than ovulating too late in your cycle. GL!

Thanks for that, very much appreciated, it's always nice to have a real opinion rather than trawling Google hours on end! :)

xxx

It's possible to O early....my O date changes every cycle.

BTW - are you temping to confirm? An OPK doesn't actually confirm ovulation, it just detects a serge, you can get a positive OPK and never ovulate. That's why everyone suggests temping, it's the only way to 100% confirm ovulation.

Are you sure your CM was sticky? Because that sounds like infertile CM. The CM you are looking for around ovulation is called EWCM and should be clear, slippery and super stretchy.

I've not started temping no, it's quite new to us at the moment, but its definitely something I'll be looking to from now absolutely.

And you know, I thought as I posted, 'sticky' wasn't the best word, and it was the clear stretchy type as you described - Sorry about that.

I suggest temping and using FF (www.fertilityfriend.com) to track everything. Those other ovulation calendars are really just guesses, and for me personally, have never had my O date correct!

My best guess is that you ovulated on the day you got your 2nd positive, either that or the day after.

I ovulated with my previous pregnancy ONE day after my five day period ended, so yup it's possible, and this cycle I ovulated around cd8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->