Ovulation confusion!

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hello :) any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

I am currently trying to figure out how to pinpoint ovulation after stopping the pill on the 16th Oct. I had my usual withdrawal bleed from the 19th-22nd and then didn't start a new pill packet.

I have had very stretchy cm that was kind of tinged yellow yesterday and today and then a bit of clear ewcm today, but still neg opks.. I only started temping 4 days ago, so not sure how much help that will be for this cycle. Do you think I will O soon? Should I trust cm or opks more? I am not ttc this cycle, but hope to in Jan. I just really hope my cycles are back to some sort of normal by then after years of birth control.

I am no expert but I do know if you don't temp opks and cm can help be an indicator

I always look for a combination of OPKs and CM. Some women do not get the EW or watery CM that is an indication of O, and some will get multiple patches of EWcm before they Ovulate. When you start to get EW cm that is very stretchy (can be clear or cloudy colored) then you are possibly gearing up to Ovulate.

When using the OPKs you want to try to make sure to have close to a 3 hour "Hold" (meaning it's been 3 hours since you went to the bathroom and consume limited liquids during that time) to get the best results. Also they say that afternoon to evening is best time for testing for OPKs (unlike FMU that is suggested for pregnancy tests).

The only sure way to pinpoint O is through temps, but if you just started you won't be ablet o do that this cycle. Keep using OPKs and keep an eye on your CM. If your CM goes from EW to creamy then you possibly O'd.

I would trust CM most. I'm not personally a fan of OPKs and didn't use them when I got pregnant with my daughter, but CM was always spot on. I would chart both CM and temps this month. Don't overthink it too much to start. Use CM as a good guide for now if you're trying this month and use the combination of all of it to chart out a pattern that will help you next month. I found that one I knew from charting temps when I ovulated the first month (when looking back on it) how to better use CM as a guide and also just how to know what days were the best days. I used that info the second month and got pregnant that cycle. I found once I knew what to look for in CM, it was pretty obvious. It was really stretchy and like raw egg whites and not like anything I saw the rest of the month (and this was after 13 years of the pill).

Thank you Ladies! It's so confusing to start with, I hope I get the hang of it! My opks have been getting darker, but not positive yet. The first one I took on Tuesday (it's now Saturday) was completely negative, with not even a shadow, and my last one last night was probably about halfway there. I know it doesn't always mean you're closer to ovulating, but I can hope! lol

I think the ewcm has gone today, not too sure though.. Ugh, I hate not knowing what is going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->