Ovulation issues!

laurac1988

Mummy to Eden
Reaction score
So I've started using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor this month. It's been showing "high" for about the past ten days.

Last month I think I ovulated on CD26 (of a 36 day cycle). Shoudl I cover my bases just in case the CBFM doesn't show a peak? I was thinking about getting donations on CD23 and CD26... maybe CD20 as well...

Am I being obsessive about this?

Don't want to miss ovulation again this month!

if you have a donor thats happy to do that then i see no reason as to not do it on those days... hope it works ;)

I don't trust OPKs with a longer cycle. I used them, and NEVER got a peak. I went by counting my average cycle length, and when I thought was my peak, we insemmed for three days. It helps if you have a speculuum, so you can see if your cervix is open. (And a book light.) We did the insems on the 18th, 19th, and 21st of November, 2010. According to the ultrasounds and due date, I officially became preg on November 22nd. So I'd say I guessed pretty close! Good luck!!

I agree thy the cbfm is notoriously unreliable for people with longer than average cycles. I have 35-38 day cycles and used opks when I ttc. However I only used them as a backup to confirm what I thought, as I have very obvious fertile signs.
Perhaps buy some simple cheapie opks to help confirm? And also of your donor is good with that, go for it :) Good luck!!!

As we are at the same stage as you, (2nd AI at home attempt) I can relate to your utter confusion and uncertainty. Our first attempt we had our guy come over 3 times when we thought we were going to be ovulating but the opks never showed anything. Ever! We continued testing until the end of the cycle but got nothing. Could have been the cheap opks, could have been that Hannah didn't ovulate because of stresses at work atm. Who knows. Also her cycle is always 31 days but ended up being a 38 day one (because of stress again, we think). Driving us nuts lol.

This time we have gone with a guess on the ovulating days and our guy has come over 3 times spread out over a week. We are still testing with 2 different brands of opk's and as of yet, nothing... I think if we get nothing at all again this month, and maybe one more month after that, we will pop to our GP to discuss. Although if anything we believe the stress of ttc, plus Hannah travels abroad a lot with work, is perhaps causing her not to ovulate. Typical! lol.

you guys should temp too then at least you will know you ovulated for sure from the temp surge after ovulation

you guys should temp too then at least you will know you ovulated for sure from the temp surge after ovulation

Oh yes, we're temping. I have to say though that I am a bit confused about the whole process. Hannah understands it better than I do.

Am I right in saying that you have a rise in temp after ov? and it stays until AF or BFP?

Oh yes, we're temping. I have to say though that I am a bit confused about the whole process. Hannah understands it better than I do.

Am I right in saying that you have a rise in temp after ov? and it stays until AF or BFP?

just took this off the net:

When you ovulate, hormonal changes trigger a slight rise in your BBT, which lasts at least until your next period. You'll probably notice your temperature spiking on other days but, unless it stays that way, you're probably not ovulating. You are most fertile on the day of the temperature spike and on the few days preceding it. Some fertility experts suggest you could still conceive if you have sex within 12 to 24 hours after the temperature spike. If you do become pregnant, your temperature will stay elevated throughout your pregnancy.

so basically if it stays up an above the cover line (it can dip then go back up again) you may be pregnant but if it goes up and then returns to normal towards the day your due on your probably not pregnant.

this is a good site to use: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/index.php?du=1&c=search&sub=search

you can track your chart online and it gives you the cover line automatically an tells you when you ovulated from your temps (obv u need to temp right) this is good cus it will confirm you got ur timing right or not

Thanks for that info. I have to admit, although I understand the theory, I think a couple months of practice is going to clear it up completely. I'm a visual learner, for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->