Ovulation pain and what's normal

Pne1985

Reaction score
I have been getting ovulation pain/cramps for a few months now. I never had it before or of I did, it was unnoticeable. I am having the pulling/twinges on my left side and a little cramping in my uterus. Last night in the middle of the night, I had a horrible lower back pain on my right side. It kept me up for a little bit. I almost felt like I was in the beginning stage of labor. My mentrual cramps aren't even that bad.
The back pain has subsided and now I'm just having normal ovulation pain.
Does this sound normal for some women? I was wondering if it was a cyst that ruptured? There was/is no bleeding with it.

For me, first time around, I felt ovulation, it wasnt really painful, just uncomfortable, however, this time, I ovulated only once and then got pregnant and boy, did I feel it, it was agony, I actually had to use a hot water bottle to ease the pain. It passed after about 12 hours (wasnt constant all that time) and 2 weeks later I was pregnant.

I'm not sure if it is normal or not, just wanted to share that I had experienced similar.

For me, first time around, I felt ovulation, it wasnt really painful, just uncomfortable, however, this time, I ovulated only once and then got pregnant and boy, did I feel it, it was agony, I actually had to use a hot water bottle to ease the pain. It passed after about 12 hours (wasnt constant all that time) and 2 weeks later I was pregnant.

I'm not sure if it is normal or not, just wanted to share that I had experienced similar.

Thanks for sharing your experience! The past two days, we didn't even BD because of it. Last month when I was experiencing it, it hurt to bd so I think I was nervous about it happening again. Last time we were intimate was Saturday and now that the pain is finally gone, with try tonight and maybe tomorrow.
Do you know what day you actually got pregnant? Was it during the pain, before or afterwards?
I'm regretting not doing anything last night but I wasn't feeling it and I wanted to be a little more relaxed this cycle!

Just to give you some more input, I have had cysts rupture before. Most were small and the pain went away after a few hours, but I had one that I was hospitalized over. The pain is very intense. With almost all of my cysts, they happened after bd. It feels like you can't stand up straight. Almost like bad gas pains? I've never had any bleeding with them. But if you're experiencing something similar to that, it may be a cyst. I wasn't ttc at the time, so I don't have any idea if I was ovulating around that time or not, but they were definitely cysts in my case. Hope you get some answers, and hopefully its a sticky bean and not a cyst!

Hello, I don't know if my pains count because my periods have not been regular since we've been TTC for 3 months. But at cd 12. I've been have cramping and twinges on left and right side. Also very painful breast pain. I don't know if that ever happens when a person ovulates, but for some reason it happened to me this month. I'm also thinking it might be cysts bursting and I might be an undiagnosed pcos case.

Just to give you some more input, I have had cysts rupture before. Most were small and the pain went away after a few hours, but I had one that I was hospitalized over. The pain is very intense. With almost all of my cysts, they happened after bd. It feels like you can't stand up straight. Almost like bad gas pains? I've never had any bleeding with them. But if you're experiencing something similar to that, it may be a cyst. I wasn't ttc at the time, so I don't have any idea if I was ovulating around that time or not, but they were definitely cysts in my case. Hope you get some answers, and hopefully its a sticky bean and not a cyst!

I'm hoping it's not as well. I have been very crampy and had that pain in my back again but not as bad. I am past ovulation now so not sure what's going on. Maybe if I continue to notice it, I'll mention it to my gyno. I think I have a yearly coming up within a couple of months anyway. Thanks for your input, I find people's personal experiences more helpful sometimes than reading an article.

Twin58, sounds normal from what I've experienced and heard from others. I think a little uncomfortable feelings and sore boobs are common O symptoms. It's your body telling you, it's time!!

I'm hoping it's not as well. I have been very crampy and had that pain in my back again but not as bad. I am past ovulation now so not sure what's going on. Maybe if I continue to notice it, I'll mention it to my gyno. I think I have a yearly coming up within a couple of months anyway. Thanks for your input, I find people's personal experiences more helpful sometimes than reading an article.

Twin58, sounds normal from what I've experienced and heard from others. I think a little uncomfortable feelings and sore boobs are common O symptoms. It's your body telling you, it's time!!

I have pcos. Took clomid for first time this cycle. Get positive OPKs but the pcos makes them positive so I don't really know when I'm ovd or if I am at all. Got bloods taken on cd 23 and showed I did not ovd. Of course I Took another OPK test even though they are completely unreliable since they been positive for over a week now. And of course it was positive again yesterday and today. But yesterday and all day today I have had pinching sensation's. Not a pain, but just this uncomfortable tingling. It's not on my ovaries big a bit lower and to the side. Like where my pelvic bone meets my leg. Never had this pinching feeling. So decided to BD even though I thought I was out this cycle. Figured it couldn't hurt. It's a pinching tingling sensation.

The ovulation pain started at 4pm on a day that I bd that morning (a few hours before the pain started).

I have pcos. Took clomid for first time this cycle. Get positive OPKs but the pcos makes them positive so I don't really know when I'm ovd or if I am at all. Got bloods taken on cd 23 and showed I did not ovd. Of course I Took another OPK test even though they are completely unreliable since they been positive for over a week now. And of course it was positive again yesterday and today. But yesterday and all day today I have had pinching sensation's. Not a pain, but just this uncomfortable tingling. It's not on my ovaries big a bit lower and to the side. Like where my pelvic bone meets my leg. Never had this pinching feeling. So decided to BD even though I thought I was out this cycle. Figured it couldn't hurt. It's a pinching tingling sensation.

How did you get diagnosed with pcos? Were you having trouble trying to conceive or just a lot of pain? We already have a son, he will be 3 next month. Had him first time ntnp. I never had any pain during my cycle except mild menstrual cramps. In September, I had a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum. Ever since then I have had more pain and odd feelings throughout my cycle. I am 30 now so I don't know if that would be a factor why my body has changed.
Hopefully, listening to your body got you a little sticky bean! ;)

How did you get diagnosed with pcos? Were you having trouble trying to conceive or just a lot of pain? We already have a son, he will be 3 next month. Had him first time ntnp. I never had any pain during my cycle except mild menstrual cramps. In September, I had a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum. Ever since then I have had more pain and odd feelings throughout my cycle. I am 30 now so I don't know if that would be a factor why my body has changed.

I also have PCOS. They do a series of exams and you have to have like 2 out of 3 of the criteria I think. I have polycystic ovaries and slightly elevated testosterone levels and I don't ovulate on my own.

I have exactly the same pains but they swap sides each month depending on which side is ovulating and it's always the day before I ovulate (I bbt) x

I also have PCOS. They do a series of exams and you have to have like 2 out of 3 of the criteria I think. I have polycystic ovaries and slightly elevated testosterone levels and I don't ovulate on my own.

Oh ok. Do you feel pain the whole cycle? And what's the difference between having PCOS and just having normal cyst(s) on your ovaries? I think they say cysts are fairly common so is it the size of them?

I have exactly the same pains but they swap sides each month depending on which side is ovulating and it's always the day before I ovulate (I bbt) x

I am going to pay more attention next month to see if it's a different side. This month I noticed it more on my left, but had some twinges on my right. And I think mine are probably last a day or two before I O. I don't bbt but I had them bad last month and took an opk that afternoon and it was a def positive. Dtd that night and not for a few days after and didn't end up pregnant. So I'm thinking we were too early.

See mine literally only lasts a day but as i said its confirmed by bbt that it's ovulation x

Oh ok. Do you feel pain the whole cycle? And what's the difference between having PCOS and just having normal cyst(s) on your ovaries? I think they say cysts are fairly common so is it the size of them?

Pne1985: You can have PCOS with or without cysts. PCOS is a term that's been around for decades, but its actually outdated and misleading. Personally, my ovaries are polycystic, but the cysts don't get big and rupture like the ones I had when I was 18 (before my PCOS diagnosis). I don't have ovary pain on a regular basis, but sometimes I'm very aware of my ovaries. They don't necessarily hurt, but I could feel them. Not by touching them from the outside, I could just feel where they were in my body, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->