Ovulation post seasonale?

ames9516

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before I am new here. I stopped taking the seasonale birth control pill in early May. I was previously on birth control for the past 13/14 years and on seasonale for aprox. 3 years. Since stopping I cannot get a normal cycle. I had irregular cycles when I was younger prior to birth control in the fact that I had very frequent periods. Now I am finding my cycles are 48-50 days long. I have also being doing ovulation strips and so far hasn't appeared that I have restarted to ovulate yet.

I guess my point is, has this happened to anyone else? Im starting to become slightly concerned as to how long this goes on for? I'm just wondering if anyone can share similar experiences?

I am also wondering with cycles so long what days of my cycle I should be doing the ovulation test strips? I am going through a lot of strips but don't want to miss the day I actually ovulate.

Thank you!!

After being on birth control so long it can take up to a year for normal cycles to start again. Some ladies are lucky enough to regulate pretty quickly, but it for some it takes a while. And you have been on bc a long time. With long irregular cycles it's really hard to say when to test, so personally if still keep testing most days. I used to buy in bulk from eBay as you can get packs of 100+ tests for the price you would pay for just a couple in a store. I never found them to be any less accurate than the more expensive brands. Taking temps and charting them is also a great way to get a clear picture of what's going on through your cycle. Good luck and hope you get your bfp very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->