Ovulation predictor kit question

Daisypetals

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am 40, ttc my first and my hubby's first child and using clomid. This is my third cycle on clomid. When I use the opk, I get a positive result in the morning and afternoon of cd 13 (I test twice a day with strips and digital. I use the digital opk to confirm a positive on the strips.). On the morning of cd 14 and in the early afternoon of cd 14 I will also have a positive result on my opk. Then, by about 6 pm on cd 14 I get a negative result. Does this mean that sometime between my last positive opk result and the negative result that I ovulated? I get blood tests to confirm that I do ovulate, I am just trying to pin point exactly when. Also, during these positive opk results, my cervical mucus is not the good quality ew kind. But then, on cycle day 15 or 16 I will have the good, stretchy ew cervical mucus. What does that mean? Any insight anyone has about this would be helpful. Thanks! Oh, and my cycles are kinda long-from 29 to 32 days, but my opk always show a positive on cd 13 and 14, but by evening of cd 14 it turns negative.

Well, it sounds like you caught the surge in the CD13/14 with the OPK, and then the changing of CM on CD15 seems like you're ovulating then, since OPK's give you the positive around 24 hours before you actually ovulate. So if you were getting a positive on CD14 that means you'd ovulate on wither CD15 or CD16, and since that's when you CM is better on those days, I'd say that you're ovulating on one of those days.

Thanks IGrowEmXL! That makes sense. I think I got hung up on the opk turning negative on cd 14. But looking at my longer cycles, it makes sense that my ovulation day would be cd 15 or 16, plus the change in cm seems to confirm it. Based on this my hubby and I should BD on CD 15 and 16 too. We usually only try until I get that negative on the OPK on Cd 14. Thank you so much!

Thanks IGrowEmXL! That makes sense. I think I got hung up on the opk turning negative on cd 14. But looking at my longer cycles, it makes sense that my ovulation day would be cd 15 or 16, plus the change in cm seems to confirm it. Based on this my hubby and I should BD on CD 15 and 16 too. We usually only try until I get that negative on the OPK on Cd 14. Thank you so much!

Everyone's body reacts differently. I usually only get positive surge results on OPK's in the morning or early afternoon. Im always back to negative results late afternoon/night.

I always have 2 days of Positives too, and zero CM to speak of... Cant exactly know when I OV,:flower: but with temping, I usually get the spike on the second day of + OPK, so just BD for the solid two days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->