ovulation question x

MummyHaytch

Reaction score
Hi ladies, since having my coil out, my cycles have been between 24 and 26 days long which is normal for me and my last period started on Feb 10th so I should be due on this weekend. Does anyone else have cycle lengths similar to mine and if so, when do you ovulate? I started getting ewcm on CD9 and it stopped on cd11, I seemed to have ov pain late that morning too. Or what I put down as being ov pain. We then DTD late on CD12.

As some of you know I am trying to hold off TTC for a months for a few personal reasons and I wanted to get to know my cycles again after having my mirena out. Well I am now CD21 and I have been getting a little pelvic and lower back pain and it has set my mind into over drive. Could I have ovulated on CD12 instead when we DTD? If I had ov'd on Sunday (CD11) then I would be 10dpo. It's either that or my mind is in over drive.

Hayley xxx

It all depends on how long your LP is. If it's the standard length, which is 14 days, you would expect to ov around CD10-CD12 (which corresponds pretty good to your EWCM days). So it looks like you ov around then. I'd say it's more likely you ov'd around CD11 than CD12 looking at your signs (EWCM and ov pain) though it's hard to say for definite. Though don't forget the egg can live up to 24 hours anyway so it could have been there on CD12.

If you are around 10 DPO, wait maybe 5 days and test if no AF? Would you be happy with a BFP hun? xxx

I'd be happy if I had a BFP but it would play havoc with our plans for the next few months :shrug: I know that I'd definately have to avoid ov times at all cost over the next 3 cycles which will be really difficult. Waiting is cruel.

I am not entirely sure whether ovulation occurs, during or sometime after you experience ov type pains but if it happened when I had them, it would have been over 24hours before we DTD. I even tried to google how long it takes for an egg to travel from the ovary before resting in the fallopion tube haha. I was born to analyse!

Ha! Yeah, to be honest looking at the timing it seems pretty likely you DTD too late for ov. If your pain was on CD11 and your CM stopped then too it's looking like that's when you ov'd. You're most likely OK :D

Waiting is hard, even when you know it's necessary it still sucks :( hope the time goes quickly for you and you can get to babymaking!

Thanks hun, I just need to occupy my mind until then but looking at all these TTC posts make me feel more impatient that ever!!

I am also slightly worried that I would suddenly have a short luteal phase. If I did ov on CD11, that would make me 10dpo and I don't really want to start my AF before the weekend. My last cycle was 23days and the one before that was 26. I just hope these cramps are not a sign of AF coming too soon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->