Ovulation question

Polkadotpea

Reaction score
Hiya,

If you get a positive OPK and are due to ovulate in the following day for example, will the OPK still be positive on the day you ovulate or will it have gone back to negative (a lighter line than a positive result) hope that makes sense? :wacko:

Thank you :flower:

in my opinion we should keep our tests in order to watch at the lines getting darker and the start of fading...when the peak comes thats when the line is the darkest it means that the hormone needed to make the egg break is at its peak and ovulation will happen within 48 hours!after that the hormone begins to lower in the urine thats why you have the fade out effect...
to me it has happened even on the same day 2 pm i had the darkest line and 7pm it had already started to fade...thats why i recommend testing during o twice per day so that you cant miss the peak!

Hiya Jenny,

Thank you so much for the reply,

The reason for my question was I came off the pill on 1st October and bought some cheapie OPKs they turned up on the 12th oct so I took one then, and although it was a negative it was pretty close and I had cramps and twinges and EWCM that day, I carried on testing since then and the lines faded gradually to blank tests and now Just very faint lines, none as dark as the one taken on the 12th I'm wondering if I had tested 1-2 days earlier would I have gotten a positive OPK? I'll attach a photo of the first cluster of OPK's all have been blank or very faint since then.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
This is a better photo showing the top one the darkest taken on the 12th of this month x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
cd 11 for ovulation to happen is very early but it can happen!besides birth control pills are know for their ability to regulate the cycles and doctors give them to many women as medication!
however, it is also known that after bc pills the body needs some cycles to adjust for the hormones to be balanced again!
i'm sorry i cant have a more clear answer for you but i have heard both stories with proof actually 1)women become more fertile 2)regulation happens after a few cycles since the system there has become a little"lazy"
if only you had started them a little earlier we would have a more clear view of what is going on...since its the first cycle after the pills i would suggest you keep testing just in case ovulation comes later!

i hope you get your bfp really soon!!!!!!

i am sorry for my english! :blush:

note:
i dont know if you have used ovulation tests before but when it gets positive you cant believe how dark it gets!REAAALLY DARK!you will be suprised!you wont miss that for sure(me, i was a little concerned before i started using them if i will be able to tell which is positive and which is not)

cd 11 for ovulation to happen is very early but it can happen!besides birth control pills are know for their ability to regulate the cycles and doctors give them to many women as medication!
however, it is also known that after bc pills the body needs some cycles to adjust for the hormones to be balanced again!
i'm sorry i cant have a more clear answer for you but i have heard both stories with proof actually 1)women become more fertile 2)regulation happens after a few cycles since the system there has become a little"lazy"
if only you had started them a little earlier we would have a more clear view of what is going on...since its the first cycle after the pills i would suggest you keep testing just in case ovulation comes later!

i hope you get your bfp really soon!!!!!!

i am sorry for my english! :blush:

note:
i dont know if you have used ovulation tests before but when it gets positive you cant believe how dark it gets!REAAALLY DARK!you will be suprised!you wont miss that for sure(me, i was a little concerned before i started using them if i will be able to tell which is positive and which is not)

Hiya, is it still classed as CD 11 even though I just came off the pill with no bleed? I though CD were only classed as LMP? :wacko:

I know I'm kicking myself for not buying them sooner like 2 days before lol!! This is bambino # 4 we are TTC, with my youngest 2, one I had the implanon out with and my youngest I also stopped cerazette, and I literally had my breakthrough bleed and started using a CBFM, and although I ovulated quite late in the cycle both times I fell pregnant in the first cycles with both of them, so I was very lucky, and both times I just 'knew' before I took a HPT, I feel like that now but I'm thinking surely I can't be so soon! Who knows?! I'm driving myself insane :dohh:

This is my first time using cheapie OPK's I have a CBFM AND 20 sticks ready for my first proper cycle after AF comes. We BD'D the day before I took that OPK and the day I got it as well, so if I did OV we had all bases covered luckily! I'm still taking the cheapies daily 2-3 times a day it's addictive, and it fluctuates between a stark white result and very faint lines throughout the day!

Judging on my last two times I stopped contraception to TTC, I always had my breakthrough bleed within a matter of days, so I thought it may have come by now?!

Thanks for your time
Xx:flower:

ohhh i didnt understand so you didnt have a period after stopping the pill?that is really weird!?
to get this right,you finished the 21 cycle of pills, had the 7day break did not continue with a new blister of pills and still no period at all????if this is the case i would take a pregnancy test...i have never heard before no period after the end of pills...
from what i know and in simple words, every period is a new cycle when the follicles start to mature in one of the tubes and sometimes in both(thats when twins from different eggs and ovaries happen!) and the dominant egg starts to get bigger so the other ones"vanish" ...so this egg gets bigger until it reaches the point where is ready to break...now the first day of bleed and the af in general is absolutely necessary thats when all the hormones start to build up which are the key to the ovulation and in general the key to a healthy cycle...(thats why the doctors require to take the blood tests during the first days of af to check upon these hormones)
anyway,if i were you i would continue taking the tests!if af arrives dont be disappointed it means that the system there starts to function correctly this time !:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hiya, I was on cerazette and you don't have a break on that pill you just start a new pack, I stopped in the middle of the pack, as I didn't see it would make much difference as you don't have a break and I've gone months before without having a period on it, and the I had a few within a couple of months in the summer, they are totally unpredictable on cerazette.

I'm going to continue taking the cheapie OPK's just incase I do OV, I will take a HPT next Saturday and if it's negative I will just wait for AF to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->