Ovulation Testing Advice

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi. Just a quick question for those in the know when it comes to ovulation testing!

I'm taking part in a research trial looking into recurrent miscarriage so for the first time in my life I need to use ovulation testing strips to pinpoint ovulation so that I can have a biopsy done after ovulation has happened. I've been pregnant 8 times but never charted etc before, I've always just bd'd around mid-cycle ish and hoped for the best!

The hospital has sent me 4 ovulation tests and an information sheet, which advises when to start testing for ov, based on your average cycle length. The trouble is, I've had 3 miscarriages in the last 18 months and been on and off the mini pill in-between that time AND I have PCOS so my cycles aren't exactly regular! I do have a period every month but they can be anything from 25 to 32 days (occasionally a little longer but that hasn't happened in a while)

I'm worried if I assume I'm going to have a short cycle, and start testing for ovulation on day 10, I'm going to run out of tests before I actually ovulate. But on the other hand, if I wait until day 14 to start testing, I might miss it altogether!

What do those of you with irregular cycles usually do?

I suppose I could always buy more ovulation tests but I assume from the fact the hospital sent 4 that they want me to use those specific ones...

Any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->