Ovulation testing kits

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I still havent really made up my mind whether to try or wait. But Im still really paranoid that I wont be able to have kids as so many of my fam have had probs. So I thought about buying an ovulation testing kit to see if/when I was ovulating. Is this a good idea? And if so does anyone have any they recommend and how effective they are/how they work?? Im in the UK, a lot of u seem to be from the US lol sorry if im ignorant Im still new and learning. But I think we have the same sort of branded stuff. Thanks for any thoughts x x x

Hiya,
I use opks from baby mad on ebay, just search for ovulation predictor kits I think it's lookersgirl. They are really cheap and I have found them very good. When wtt I like to see whats going on wrt ov'ing and found this a good way along with looking out for ewcm and any ov pains.

By having my cylces sussed out before trying, i concieved my first pregnancy the first time of trying.

Hope this helps.

When do you plan to ttc?

Thanks! Im still quite new here and dont understand all the abbreviations! Whats ewcm, ov pains, BFP etc? lol

We said we would try maybe ina year or so but I want to try now! So we havent really decided esp. as we use contraception on and off-thats whats made me want a testing kit.

You will soon get to know all the abbreviations

ewcm = egg white cervical mucus - baically you'll notice it when you wipe around the time you will be ovulating, wet and slimy although if you search through this forum you will find numerous posts on it :rofl:

ov = ovulating, you should ovulate 14 days before your period arrives ov pains are similar to period pains but not everyone gets them.

a/f = aunt flo = period which is also referred to as the witch or :witch:

:bfn: = big fat negative = negative pregnancy test
:bfp: = big fat positive = positive pregnancy test

Hope that helps and good luck.

Thanks! Im still quite new here and dont understand all the abbreviations! Whats ewcm, ov pains, BFP etc? lol

We said we would try maybe ina year or so but I want to try now! So we havent really decided esp. as we use contraception on and off-thats whats made me want a testing kit.

This should help :D :headspin:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Thanks everyone!! Ive realised how naive I am about this whole conceiving business lol. I think I should stick around :)

Maybe consider getting a digital thermometer. They're cheap on ebay and record your temps at the same time everyday, straight after waking. For more info go onto fertility friend.com

It all looks confusing at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it. If you join the site (it's free) they email you information, so you'll get clued up! It's much better than just taking Ov tests, and can help show any problems you may have.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"