Ovulation Tests! HELP!!!!

JennaN1019

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with ovulation tests?!!? So my LMP was 4/21/14 and I have been off the pill for 3 months now. This is the first month we are trying but I would like to get it done on the first try! LOL…..Anyways my first cycle I ovulated at 14 days and then my past cycle was around 12 I believe ( I did not test but I get pain when I ovulate). I bought the First Response ovulation tests and those confused me and kept saying negative so I bought the Clear Blue ovulation tests because those test for 2 hormones instead of one and I heard good things about them. On Sunday I tested and got low fertility then I tested on Monday and it says I was at my PEAK fertility which would mean I am ovulating today at 9 days! (WEIRD!) So last night we had sex because that test said I was at my peak fertility! Once you get a smiley face on that test you can't test again for 48 hours because you are at your peak….so I tested with the first response today and it came back NEGATIVE! I am so confused! 12 days ovulation would be Friday or Saturday! Has anyone ever had this experience?!?!?!?!:wacko:

I've had a lot of problems with the clear blue fertility advanced. I would recommend the plain cb digital in place of the advanced. One cycle I had one day low, 6 days high, 2 days peak, one day low, one day high two days peak, and then the cycle repeated two more times. I am thoroughly convinced that the advanced are preprogrammed.

Once you hit a peak you are suppose to stop testing. Then defiantly have sex for the next 2 days. The first response was a OPK, correct? It went negative because you already found your surge. You just had AF 4/21 so you are only CD 9. So you ovulate early. You can confirm ovulation by temping.

Once you hit a peak you are suppose to stop testing. Then defiantly have sex for the next 2 days. The first response was a OPK, correct? It went negative because you already found your surge. You just had AF 4/21 so you are only CD 8. So you ovulate early. You can confirm ovulation by temping.

I agree with what you say about once you hit a peak you are supposed to stop testing, but in my case (as I can only speak from experience) the advanced digital opk has been wrong more than right. In fact during one cycle I was testing the various opk's to see which one/s worked the best for me by urinating into a cup and then dividing it so there was no contamination. I started testing at 7dpo, knowing that I ovulate between cd 18 and 20 usually. The cbda detected a peak on cd 9, 14, 17 and 24. The other brands I tried (clear blue digital, first response, up & up, and dollar tree all detected the surge on cd18 with ovulation confirmed with temping (I usually o about 2 days after first positive opk).

So yes, I would say stop testing once you get a positive. But from my experience I would get a more reliable brand than the advanced opk.

I used to use the advanced digital ones and I think they are a complete waste of money. I switch to just an IC. What brand did you end up seeing was the best? I seem to have an issue with my surges at times lol.

The best two that I found were the regular clear blue digital (the one with the pink handle and 20 tests), and the up & up brand dip test (the 20count). I have been using the up & ups most recently, because it's $15 instead of $30.

Thanks :) I'll go pick up some of the UP & UP tomorrow, I don't have enough ic's left.

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your advice. I know I am suppose to stop testing once I have the smiley face but it was just weird. Normally I feel when I ovulate and I don't think I have yet. I started testing on Sunday and I took the clear blue advanced and it was negative then on monday it was the steady smiley which means PEAK fertility? How can I have peak fertility and skip right over the high fertility? It is supposed to test the 4 highest days for fertility in your cycle with 2 high and 2 peak but I skipped right over the high? I went from negative to peak? That makes no sense. I am a science teacher and I understand how the body works pretty well so to me this made no sense at all. I am testing because my cycle isn't on point it's been a couple days off give or take sometimes I ovulate 14 and sometimes it's 12 and then this test told me I was 9? I also took the first response brand the same time I took the clear blue and the first response has been negative every day! I asked my OB and she said to trust the clear blue so I am just at a loss right now because I don't know when I am going to ovulate. So confusing!!!!

I used to use the advanced digital ones and I think they are a complete waste of money. I switch to just an IC. What brand did you end up seeing was the best? I seem to have an issue with my surges at times lol.

amariee I got married 10/19/13 too!!!!!

I would defiantly start temping hun, vaginally is better over orally. It will help you get to know your cycles. I would just switch to a regular OPK. It doesn't make sense why it went from peak to high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->