Ovulation tests lighter at night??

D

Donut

it seems like my tests are a bit darker with FMU and lighter in the evening. The one I took at noon today made me think that I'm going to get a + in the next few days, but the one I just took made me think different :(. Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor is the only OPK that I know of that requires FMU, most other OPKs discourage the use of FMU because your LH concentration is higher in the morning.

We have some LH in our systems at all times, and it spikes right before ovulation to trigger the rupture of the follicle.

I always test in the afternoon/evening time to make sure I don't get weird results.

So should I not use my FMU anymore? I have the IC's. I don't think I've gotten a pos yet.

I definitely agree with stuckinoki. Most OPKs actually suggest for you to NOT use FMU. I have been testing twice a day: once around noon and again around 6 pm. Got a positive OPK at 1:30 in the AM, so please be aware it can be anytime you see a positive result. I use ICs as well. They are called Wondfo, and I love them.

Ps. Since this is my first cycle using OPKs, I've actually been testing more than twice a day, since I'm trying to get a good grasp on my ovulation. I now test about 6 times a day...and it's a pain in the butt, but hey, I didn't miss it!

So should I not use my FMU anymore? I have the IC's. I don't think I've gotten a pos yet.

Definitely don't use FMU with the ICs :) Start testing in the evening or afternoon time so you'll get an accurate result!

Well due to my issues with sleeping I tend to wake up late, does time of day affect it at all or is it just the first urine of the day. I totally didn't know any of this! Thank you ladies for correcting me! I took one at 1pm today (when I woke up unfortunately) and it's getting darker, but I always take one in the evening. I plan to take one in about 2 hours-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->