Ovulation Thermometer

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm just a bit curious (and slightly bored).. I'd like to start measuring my cycles and perhaps using a digital thermometer to record my temperature to see when I'm ovulating.

Is this a fairly effective way to measure your cycle?

Any good and cheap thermometers effective for this use?

I'm making an effort to stay off the pill as it makes me feel horrible (I feel so much happier and more positive about everything now I'm off) so when my cycle gets back to normal, I'd like to start charting in preparation for our TTC date, as far off as it may be! ;)

It is effective if your cycle is regular, also if you use the right kind of thermometer.
Unfortunatley any cheapie kind wont be much use, it needs to be one that measures to two decimal places.

I've just found one on ebay, but it's still like £5 (which doesn't seem a lot, but JSA!) measures to 2 decimal places..

We got a load of £3.99 ones in at my work, and I got 20% discount, wish I'd picked one up before I got booted out now... Will have to wait until I get paid tomorrow (hopefully) and I'll have a look in boots etc in the meantime... Had a look before though and they didn't seem to have any suitable ones..

My cycle usually is regular, still waiting for it to sort itself after months with no period due to pill.. Grrrr!!

Do you measure your temp BEFORE you get out from under the covers, because I tend to roast in the mornings until I get up. Would it be better to stay in bed without cover for a bit until my temp goes to norm?

Even if you feel rasont your body will maintain its normal temp.
You take it before doing Anything. Any movement before taking the temp (minus getting the thermometer from your side) can affect the results.
To be effective it also needs to be taken at the same time everyday with at least 3 hours sleep.

It is strict for accurate results but once you get it into your routine its easy.

Hmm... BF has said I'm weird because I literally feel freezing cold when I'm burning up (and on a day to day basis so not ill..) so couldn't that effect my core temp when I'm still under covers? If my body's desperately trying to radiate heat away....although I suppose if the heat's on the outside, my inside temp should be remaining normal...

I just wondered if that matters? That one morning you might wake under covers and one you might wake above (and in my house that's a big outside temp difference). Like sleeping in a tiny room with an oven compared to sleeping outside!!!

Your internal temp doesnt get affected if you have covers or not. If youre too hot your body sweats to cool down, if its cold then it makes you shiver to warm up.
Also the temp on your skin isnt the same as your internal temp, thats how you get accurate results of your temp taking it internally.

I have permanently cold hands and feet but never made any difference.

Your internal temp doesnt get affected if you have covers or not. If youre too hot your body sweats to cool down, if its cold then it makes you shiver to warm up.
Also the temp on your skin isnt the same as your internal temp, thats how you get accurate results of your temp taking it internally.

I have permanently cold hands and feet but never made any difference.

Even if I'm burning up on the outside- I shiver when I'm outside covers, even though I am actually way too hot (obv because body is trying to shed this heat as quickly as possible) -? I guess I'll see...just thinking, surely if you do get roasting hot, your core temp will change the slightest bit?

I wouldn't expect cold hands or feet to effect the result as that's just poor circulation and I suffer from the same thing. *Brr*

Not trying to be awkward, just want to know for sure.

Yep, your skin will feel hot as thats your body expelling excess heat away from the inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->