Ovulation wristwatch

D

Desperado167

Anyone know anything about the ovulation wristwatch,am considering buying one as this cbfm is costing me a fortune,anyone any opinions?

Wow, I just wrote this really long reply about the Ov-Watch, tried to post it and I got a message warning me about Spamming!

So, to make a long story short, I love the Ov-Watch! It was totally accurate and gives you at four days advanced notice of impending ovulation. You do have to buy the sensors every month, they're expensive. $40 for one or $100 for three on amazon.

Cheers :flower:

Don't know that it'll be any cheaper than cbefm -- the cb sticks run you about $10-$12/month; the watch sensors, as she said ^^ will cost you a pile more.

Hi thanks for replying and i hope I didnt get u into any trouble :blush:so the expense prob works out the same,am obsessed with missing o so it wud be great for me,have heard a few people saying about it not reading properly because of lack of sweat,wud hate to pay all that money like with the cbfm and it not be up to scratch,maybe shud just keep going with my cbfm for another month,:hugs:

There's an ovulation microscope that I'm interested in trying out, its about the size of a lipstick, and you look for ferning patterns in your saliva. Its about $30 but its a one-time expense, you can reuse it infinitely...

Maybe I was called out for spamming because I said the names of so many products?

There's a test mode on the watch so you can see if it's reading correctly. I have a problem with it saying "skin too dry", but what I do is I lift up the side that the sensors (also called Frits) are on and I "huff" on them. By huffing, I mean breathing out on it the way you would to fog up a window. Does that make sense? I can't think of a better word at the moment. Once the sensors get that extra humidity, they’re fine the rest of the night (or day). The sensors actually emit a lubricant throughout the month to make the skin moist enough to pick up information. It’s pretty cool.

I was explaining in my "spamming" post that the watch gave me 2-3 more days warning of impending ovulation than the CBFM did. From all that I have read, you can get pregnant BDing even six days before, but never the day after. I used the Ov-Watch, CBFM, and about a pee stick an hour to see what was what, and the Ov-Watch was dead on.:thumbup: The CBFM only gave me one “High” day and then went right to “Peak”. I also confirmed ovulation with BBT’s so they were all pretty accurate, the Ov-Watch just gave me so much more notice.

My husband’s business really ebbs and flows so it means everything to us for me to be able to tell him in advance so he can schedule jobs around us. Especially because he’s been working until 9 or 10pm to get jobs done.
:flower:

There's an ovulation microscope that I'm interested in trying out, its about the size of a lipstick, and you look for ferning patterns in your saliva. Its about $30 but its a one-time expense, you can reuse it infinitely...

I have one. Unfortunately, according to that microscope, I was ovulating...a lot.

I like it, though...one more thing to let you know what's going on. And cool to look at.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Cherokee8888/7fac57bc.jpg?t=1305759662

OPK: OPK
Fern: ferning microscope
Mon: CBEFM

In my case, none of the tests QUITE agree with each other...but they were all pretty close and the CBFM was only a day behind where I would've expected a P instead of an H. (I actually remember spazzing that morning when I woke up and the CB still only said H.)

And for the price/effectiveness, I vote OPKs.

sounds interesting Desperado167, but sounds just as expensive as the cbfm. if you BD every other day once your period ends then you dont have to worry about 'missing' ovulation as you would have spermies up there, then do extra when you get your positive...is that possible for you? I know it might be too much for some.

I use the ov tests and I have realized that I ovulate very soon after I get the surge, last month my temp showed I ovulated the same day as my smiley test. so its a good job I dont wait till my smiley face to bd, I usually start about CD6 and do every other night and then do every night when I get my smiley face for a couple of days.

I have one. Unfortunately, according to that microscope, I was ovulating...a lot.

I like it, though...one more thing to let you know what's going on. And cool to look at.
Thanks for posting your chart with the data on it. I've read for the microscope to ignore ferning during menstruation. Ferning is indicative of estrogen levels so it shows when you are most fertile not necessarily just the day of ovulation.

Thanks for the info :) I'd about decided that it just didn't work, haha.

sounds interesting Desperado167, but sounds just as expensive as the cbfm. if you BD every other day once your period ends then you dont have to worry about 'missing' ovulation as you would have spermies up there, then do extra when you get your positive...is that possible for you? I know it might be too much for some.

I use the ov tests and I have realized that I ovulate very soon after I get the surge, last month my temp showed I ovulated the same day as my smiley test. so its a good job I dont wait till my smiley face to bd, I usually start about CD6 and do every other night and then do every night when I get my smiley face for a couple of days.

Yes Sarah ,I can def do the bd,that sounds very reasonable,:thumbup::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->