Ovulation

bek74

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Ok I have read the post " when sperm meets egg", and I have also been doing some more research.
I have read that it is best to use OPK in the afternoon because usually the surge happens during the day.

So based on that theory, would it be best to BD in the morning?. I am thinking if I BD every second day in the AM, and then I ovulate during the day wouldn't that give me better odds.

So BD morning of ovulation ( doing Basal temp) and then again the next morning. That way we would hopefully have more sperm around the egg because we would have BD twice, one of those with in a approx 12hr period of the surge.

Am I making sense. Anyone have any opinions and theorys on this.

:hugs:

MMM!!! I just read that thread too to take notes!! :) I think that makes sense - By jolly at the rate I am now - I thnk my eggs may have sperm overload!! LOLLOL

either way will still work. you would still catch the egg.
With the right CM sperm can live for a few days.

I think its easier to BD at night. This way you can Lay on your back longer...If you know what I mean. I find if I BD in the Morning its just a waist of Sperm......Dont mean to sound silly. But If my Hubby wants it in the morning, Then after I get up, Go to the potty, Shower and off to work. It doesnt seem like the Sperm gets a fair chance to go do its job if you follow what Im saying...;)

either way will still work. you would still catch the egg.
With the right CM sperm can live for a few days.

I have checked my CM and I don't have much and what I do have it seems thick "confused"

So I will try that robitussin cough syrup and see if that helps.

You can still have it but not see much, i dont get an abundant amout of ewcm when i do have it.

I think its easier to BD at night. This way you can Lay on your back longer...If you know what I mean. I find if I BD in the Morning its just a waist of Sperm......Dont mean to sound silly. But If my Hubby wants it in the morning, Then after I get up, Go to the potty, Shower and off to work. It doesnt seem like the Sperm gets a fair chance to go do its job if you follow what Im saying...;)

I get what your saying, but i was thinking if we wake up the bit earlier then I will have the time to lay around for about 20 -30min before getting up.

lol@ waste of sperm. I know it is like gold :rofl::rofl:

:lol: I guess for me, I would not have time to lay around that long. Because I value my sleep and can only be woken up for morning nookie just before I have to get up for my Shower.....:lol:

:lol: I guess for me, I would not have time to lay around that long. Because I value my sleep and can only be woken up for morning nookie just before I have to get up for my Shower.....:lol:

Depending on what my HSG comes back with, if all is good, i will try the morning BD this month, just something different for me.

They say during sex you should put a small pillow under your bum so you have a slight tilt and your cervix is then covered in sperm. If you tilt to high the sperm goes behind the cervix ( so it is wasted).

Just thought I would had that tip that I found when I was reading up on info.

Yeah. I have heard the Pillow under you Thing, But I heard to do that after sex......

Yeah. I have heard the Pillow under you Thing, But I heard to do that after sex......

yeah thats what I thought, but no they are saying "During" sex, that way it is a direct hit, lol. Kind of makes sense, and hey we got nothing to lose Mate :hugs:

:hugs:

:headspin: Exactly....Just make sure to have fun too!!!! :headspin:

:headspin: Exactly....Just make sure to have fun too!!!! :headspin:

Thats it, sometimes there is no fun, it is just sex. Thats sad. I luv my hubby so much and we have a beautiful family, but I feel this whole ttc can just take over, feels like sex dates marked on the calendar.

good thing hubby knows I luv him and he luvs me. Good Luck to you Suz, get that pillow out and enjoy your up coming holiday babe :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->