oxygen

okciv

3girls, 1 lives in heaven
Reaction score
My Daughter has been on and off oxygen since she was born. She had a couple of days not needing any but the last few days has been back on it. Its the smallest amount 0.01 or 0.02 and everyone says its normal/ok for her to be on/off it but obviously i worry and the fact that she was off it for a few days and is now back on worries me. Does anyone have any experience of this?

My prems always stayed off oxygen once they were off but i know several mums on here have had some experience with this and they are all super lovely so i'm sure someone will answer you soon. It really does sound like a small amount so i'm sure they're just doing it so it's a little easier for her. Its good if they can focus their energy on growing instead of working hard to breathe.

Holly was on and off oxygen for about 3 weeks before stopping altogether.

She would need 0.01 or sometimes it was at 0 and connected at the wall as the nurses said when connected a trickle would come through every so often. It was frustrating at the time because when she needed it she was having the tiniest amount.

Eve is doing really well and it is only the tiniest amount she is having. Try not to worry as she will come off the oxygen but at the moment she will get tired and that's when they need it.

Xx

We're the same as 25weeker, took a few weeks and they are doing great for their gestation too hunny!
Its true about the trickle in the wall too!!!! :rofl:

Its so frustrating when theyre on such a tiddly amount of oxygen isnt it. Ella was on an off oxygen for weeks but you'll find all of a sudden she wont need it anymore. She's doing so well only being on such a tiny amount. If it helps atall, Ella used to be on 25% and at 1 point went up to 32% when she was about 4wks old but went from that right down to 0.2 and a few days after that didnt need it anymore

Molly was on and off oxygen all the time, and came home on 0.03 until she was 3 months old. She just wouldn't give up that last bit! Don't worry, it just helps them grow big and strong! x

My little guy also needed a bit of oxygen the last month. Was such a small amount they had to hunt for a part with that small of a flow. But without it he would keep desaturating. Oh not much, down to 85-90%, but still.

Before that he was on high frequency twice, a week each time (the awful fridge sized machine that makes your baby shake like a leaf...), and all different configurations of CPAP, intubated off and on etc etc. His oxygen needs started at 100% (his lungs ruptured his first day, long story) and slooooowly over weeks went down to 24-25%. His needs would jump back up to 60% sometimes, then next day, 35% - just really random. Doctors couldn`t explain it half the time =p

THEN he started on oxygen only, and it took a month to get rid of that last little amount.

So hang in there! I remember that last homestretch being really hard. But before you know it your little one with finally love all those ugly wires and come home! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->