Pacifier issues

ahcigar1

Happy Mother of 1
Reaction score
I need some advice. My one month old generally sleeps pretty well. She is up to 4 hour stretches now. We have a pretty consistent night time routine which she tends to do pretty well on. The issue I'm having is that she absolutely 110% does not go to sleep without her pacifier. The only problem is I tend to have to hold it in her mouth for her for usually about 30 min to 1 hour after I put her down because she will pop it out of her mouth then start screaming and I have to start my process all over again. I need to start working on moving her into her nursery because I don't get a wink of sleep at night due to me waking at every little sound she makes. But at the same time I can't be running into the nursery every 5 min to hold the pacifier in her mouth again, that would defeat the whole purpose of putting her in the nursery rather than having her beside my bed. Any ideas of how I can help this problem? I try letting her cry it out but she just gets more and more upset to the point that she is practically choking she is crying so hard and I have tried letting her cry it out but she doesn't. I need some help.

I will probably get lynched for saying this, but i used my LOs comforter blanket to prop it in her mouth, I only used the corner of it and set it up in such a way that it wasn't covering her face or anything.. i hope that makes sense. as soon as she was in a deep sleep, i'd take the comforter away.

I will probably get lynched for saying this, but i used my LOs comforter blanket to prop it in her mouth, I only used the corner of it and set it up in such a way that it wasn't covering her face or anything.. i hope that makes sense. as soon as she was in a deep sleep, i'd take the comforter away.

I wish I could do this. And in fact I used to wrap her in a blanket really tight that held the pacifier in for me long enough for her to get into that deep sleep. But I can't have anymore blankets with her. Since she can't be swaddled anymore because she breaks out of everything in about 10 seconds she manages to pull blankets over her face even faster so I can only have her in a blanket sleeper now.

I don't have any advice as my lo is exactly the same. He will sleep without the dummy at bight but he gets really overtired during the day and wont nap without it. I have to hold it in his mouth so i feel your pain!

It's normal at this age. She will learn to hold it in her mouse soon enough. I used a muslin cloth to hold it in his mouse

My LO was the same...and I tried a different one and that seemed to work!! Good luck Hun! :)

We found that mam dummies stayed in better than others. You can get this with a textured teat (I think they call them 'silk' -maybe??!). Anyway the textured teat means they don't slip out as easily as smooth teats.

Might be worth a try?

:flower:

Thanks ladies. I guess I need to just hope she grows out of it a bit. I can also try a different paci again. Haven't had much luck though moving her away from the hospital style ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->