Packed baby's bag!!

Kayla26

Reaction score
This is a bit of a pointless thread really but I'm excited as I've just packed my baby's bag for hospital!! I have no idea where to start with my own though. I am not sure whether I will be having a section yet or natural as I have been diagnosed with GD and my consultant said they won't induce me because of my previous section!!

That's so exciting! I haven't packed anything yet as I'm only 31 weeks this week but it seems like fun to start! When you decide what to pack for yourself, I'd love to hear! I'm in the same position, had a c-section first time around and now going for a VBAC (I also have GD and was told they won't induce bc of prior cs). I was in the hospital for 5 days with my first since I had some post-op issues so while I want to be optimistic and pack light for a natural birth and short stay, I'm so afraid I'll wind up with another c-section and be completely unprepared. I was thinking maybe packing a light bag and a second bag to keep in the car in case I have to stay longer. Seems so overwhelming when it comes to packing my own stuff!

yay exciting! :happydance: haven't packed mine yet but can't wait as sad as it sounds haha xx

I used a big duffel bag for my stuff, so I just put baby's stuff in there too.

I just did mine this week. My stuff and baby stuff all in one bag..oh and husband needs a few things. Happy I was able to fit everything in one small carry on bag. I'm sure I forgot something :) but at least its packed if I need to run out in a hurry. Im 36 weeks but im sure ill be staring at that bag until 40 weeks :)

Woo! I have mine semi-packed. It's a sign there's not long left for us now, yay!

Or past 40 weeks like me lol!

Or past 40 weeks like me lol!

phew. How are you feeling? Will you be induced if you go past a week? Baby measuring big or small? Hope things start to progress for you!

I'll be scheduled for induction if she doesn't come by Wednesday. Which I don't want because I want a natural birth with no medications. Baby is measuring perfect, and she's healthy (had an ultrasound and NST Friday). She just really likes it in there I guess! I'll say one thing, I never thought I'd be one of the girls on here complaining about being overdue!

How come they won't induce? My c section was only last February and they're happy to induce me. Only allowed 1 week overdue. Hoping for a vbac, but might be getting induced next week at 37 weeks. Find out Thursday :) x

They won't induce after a c section in the US. They'll let you try for a vbac if you go naturally but I think that they're afraid that an induction could cause the uterus to rupture because of the stronger contractions.

I'm in the UK and they said they won't induce due to increased risk of rupture, however, they will check me and if I am favourable and they are able to they will break my waters and give me a trial of labour (not 100% sure what that entails) but because of GD I am likely to deliver early because I am medicated so I'm not holding out much hope for a vbac this time :( I've got my head around that now and will be happy whatever happens as long as my boy is delivered healthy and safely x

That's so exciting! I haven't packed anything yet as I'm only 31 weeks this week but it seems like fun to start! When you decide what to pack for yourself, I'd love to hear! I'm in the same position, had a c-section first time around and now going for a VBAC (I also have GD and was told they won't induce bc of prior cs). I was in the hospital for 5 days with my first since I had some post-op issues so while I want to be optimistic and pack light for a natural birth and short stay, I'm so afraid I'll wind up with another c-section and be completely unprepared. I was thinking maybe packing a light bag and a second bag to keep in the car in case I have to stay longer. Seems so overwhelming when it comes to packing my own stuff!

I was so disappointed when I was diagnosed as I knew that my chance for vbac was dramatically reduced, but I've got my head around it now and there are pros and cons to both. Luckily I was only in 2 nights after my DD and my recovery was great so hopefully it'll be the same this time. I just don't know where to start packing! Lol I've got a couple of night gowns and a pair of pjs and extra large pants!!! I've got most things I need it's just a case of putting them in the bag!

Oh right. My consultant said the risk increase is so minimal, its not worth a repeat section if I don't want one. They'll monitor me intermittently during labour to keep an eye on it, but said in all his years of being a consultant, he's never seen a c section scar rupture during induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->