Padme?

T

Toms Mummy

Would it be okay to call my daughter Padme, as in the princess in Star Wars. Or is it a bit wierd!

I find it a bit odd, but would just assume its Indian if I heard it

Never thought of that! There is supposed to be a hyphen on the e but not sure how to do it on computer.

As it sounds & looks a bit like Esme with the hyphen I assumed it was French, but it could just be made up by George Lucas! :wacko:

I think it's one thing if you name a child after a character and it's not completely obvious but with some names, it's glaringly obvious and there will be comments and I believe Padme is one of those names. If you're braced and prepared for the comments and opinions on it, and love it enough, then go for it!

One of the names on my baby list is Dain, as in Dain from The Hobbit, LOL!

I think it's one thing if you name a child after a character and it's not completely obvious but with some names, it's glaringly obvious and there will be comments and I believe Padme is one of those names. If you're braced and prepared for the comments and opinions on it, and love it enough, then go for it!

One of the names on my baby list is Dain, as in Dain from The Hobbit, LOL!

I don't mind the comments, I think people who would rudely comment in front of me and baby are not worth knowing!.... Plus I don't think any other child would know the name as it's such an old film? :shrug:

I had no idea where it was from but i hate it, sorry!

It's old but it's very iconic so I am sure you will receive some comments! If you don't care though, then go for it. People have named their children worse things.

I'm not a fan, but only because I thought that the new trilogy was freakin' awful.

Sorry I don't like it at all. I think with a name like that she will get picked on huge and be the but of many jokes, sorry

I LOVE Star Wars so I love the name Padme!!

Never thought of that! There is supposed to be a hyphen on the e but not sure how to do it on computer.

As it sounds & looks a bit like Esme with the hyphen I assumed it was French, but it could just be made up by George Lucas! :wacko:

Have a think as well about how people would pronounce it. My baby is called Esme and she's forever being called Es-me whereas its Es-may. I'm kinda sick to the back teeth of correcting people now, strangers is fine or at the start but when it's my dad/grandparents/friends etc it gets a little annoying!

Might just be worth thinking about xx

Not sure. If you like the idea of a character name maybe go for one that isn't so obvious.

Not sure. If you like the idea of a character name maybe go for one that isn't so obvious.

That's the thing, it's not the idea of a character name that I like, I just like the name which happens to be a character name!.... I didn't even think it'd be that obvious!

It is kind of an iconic film. And generation after generation will watch it. What about as a middle name? That could be pretty.

I have been following this post. Haven't commented until now, but its just not a name I would consider because at first glance I keep saying the name as Pat Me - i dont like touching so its just not for me haha.

I have not seen any Star Wars movie in the franchise, classic or new. When I read it was a character name of anything, but then Star Wars I liked it less.

With that said, you say its not based on the character its just that you like it. So if you like it you like, use it :)

There is a beautiful model and tv host Padma. I like that a lot.

Yeah, i suppose it is! I am from the older generation of watchers (when they 1st came out) so just asumed that they're old films and no one really watches them now... esp children who will go to school with my LO x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->