Pageants...what's your thought?

The show I saw there was a 4 year old screaming her head off to take off the fake eyelashes, then you hear the mom saying " she likes them" her kid screaming down the hall that she is tired, mom saying "she is super excited" and they are utter brats, this little girls won't listen to their mom, scream, kick, call the other little girls ugly and don't like to lose they want that crown! they have to learn a routine and the 4 year old said my feet hurt and the trainer said that's tough world girl and kept on pushing...I would pop her one! a lot of their dreams are to be Miss Universe lol.

Not much to say on this topic other than it's gross.

I think the normal little paegents are cute but toddlers and tiaras.......is disgusting!
Those little girls are faked tan, fake teeth, and have so much makeup on they look like mini 30 year olds dancing around in barely any clothes. I always wondered why in the heck they have a swimsuit catagory for babies???? I think its weird seeing a little 5 year old prancing around in a 2 piece blowing kisses for a contest.
Has anyone else noticed that most of the mothers are hideous? Seems like they are trying to live their dreams through their child.

I certainly wouldn't say that child pageants are 'big' in the US. Certainly, they exist in the US, but it isn't something that most people do or support, really. It may 'seem' big because they have a TV show about it, but they also have a TV show about the Duggars who have 20 kids, and a polygamist family that lives in Las Vegas, and neither of those are the norm either :haha:. It just happens to make for entertaining TV due to the general train-wreckness of the concept and the people they choose to highlight who partake in the competitions.

I think that teaching little girls, at such a young age, to value physical beauty above anything else is a sad, sad thing.

I'd love to see a documentary that puts these judges and pageant planners on the spot. I'd like to hear their answers as to why they have swimsuit contests? Why they start at such young ages (0-12 months is a category)? Why they allow fake hair, fake tans, fake lashes, fake teeth even? I just want to know their justifications.

And it's a pretty big industry....multi-million dollar. This article by ABC puts it at 3 million contestants annually (U.S.). https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=126315&page=3

Yikes! I didn't know it was that many contestants! I too would love to hear justification for all the fakeness and swimsuits. I mght hate the real reasons though!
Ha if I ever through a neighborhood "pageant" for my nieces, it would involve seeing one of their colored pictures, and their outfit of choice would be one they picked out themselves and playing dress up. Everyone would get a prize. I'm all for competition, but not on pure physical beauty. That's probably the most shallow reason ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->