Pain after ovulation?

MiniMe30

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced pain after ovulation?

I usually get a bit of cramping on the day of ovulation, but for a few days after I usually feel tender in my pelvic area and get some light cramps. I take my BBT so know it's definitely after I ovulated.

Anyone else get this?

I haven't but didn't want to read and run! Every woman is different so it's probably quite normal for you. x

I never used to get this, but after DD arrived my new cycles seem to be going this way. It's kind of a bummer because it used to be that I knew any cramping between OV and AF was abnormal and probably meant I was PG. Now I just think it's my new normal :( Stinks to spend more of the month uncomfortable for no reason!

Yes. I have a lot of mid-cycle pain, but I think mine is a lovely little gift from my PCOS.

Yes. I have a lot of mid-cycle pain, but I think mine is a lovely little gift from my PCOS.

What made them diagnose you with PCOS? I have irregular cycles & wasn't ovulating - I'm now taking agnus castus which makes me ovulate & shortened my cycle, although I stopped taking it for 1 cycle & didn't O.

I guess no-one else really gets this then?

I'm still getting it now at 6 dpo - it's actually not really like cramps, the only way I can think to describe it is a bit like feeling like you have a full bladder/have trapped wind! :)

I'm taking agnus castus so I wondered if it was related to that, but then it's only after O, not the whole cycle.

I think i ovulated yesterday or the day before and yesterday i had a really bad pain on my right side for about a hour. ive never had that before and now i feel quite bloated. i had a higher temp this morning so im hoping that theyre gonna stay high and show that i ovulated.

hi,
I experienced pain after ovulation for the first time last cycle. After the usual ov' twinges on the ovary releasing side, i began to have light cramps from about 2/3 dpo and I began to think 'oh this is new, it must be a BFP on the way' but i set myself up for a big disappointment and AF even came a day early. I had these light cramps off and on with sore bbs from ov to AF. But as they say every female body is different. I have been told recently I have a small cyst on one ovary so have PCO (maybe/maybe not PCOS) plus i've been taking Agnus Castus since beginning of April - not sure if these are responsible or not.:shrug:
honestly speaking, i have no idea what's more complicated than the female body and hormones:nope:

I think i ovulated yesterday or the day before and yesterday i had a really bad pain on my right side for about a hour. ive never had that before and now i feel quite bloated. i had a higher temp this morning so im hoping that theyre gonna stay high and show that i ovulated.

That sounds like ovulation pain to me :)

What I'm talking it about it on top of that and in the days after, I'm 6 dpo now and still getting these feelings.

hi,
I experienced pain after ovulation for the first time last cycle. After the usual ov' twinges on the ovary releasing side, i began to have light cramps from about 2/3 dpo and I began to think 'oh this is new, it must be a BFP on the way' but i set myself up for a big disappointment and AF even came a day early. I had these light cramps off and on with sore bbs from ov to AF. But as they say every female body is different. I have been told recently I have a small cyst on one ovary so have PCO (maybe/maybe not PCOS) plus i've been taking Agnus Castus since beginning of April - not sure if these are responsible or not.:shrug:
honestly speaking, i have no idea what's more complicated than the female body and hormones:nope:

Hi! That's interesting that you are also taking AC - maybe it's some sort of side affect?

Yes it's tempting to analyse everything isn't - I've had these feelings and also noticed that my nipples feel tingly (sorry TMI!), so strange that you also had sore bbs....

I know, so complicated!! Who knew!!

I was wondering if I have cysts or something - I notice it when I sit down in my chair, not painful but just something there. I had an ultrasound scan in Dec which showed cleared, but that was a while ago now - I've got an appt at a fertility clinic in a few weeks, so will bring it up with them.

I have pain in my ovaries sometimes after O, I put it down to cysts (I have those from time to time)

What made them diagnose you with PCOS? I have irregular cycles & wasn't ovulating - I'm now taking agnus castus which makes me ovulate & shortened my cycle, although I stopped taking it for 1 cycle & didn't O.

Bloodwork, symptoms, and ultrasounds all pointed to PCOS. If you are having irregular cycles something is going on. How long have you been off of bcp? If it's been under a year off it could still be an effect of birth control.

Just wanted to mention if you're still getting cramping over a period of days and not just all on one day, for me that was unusual post OV and was an early sign of pregnancy.

Bloodwork, symptoms, and ultrasounds all pointed to PCOS. If you are having irregular cycles something is going on. How long have you been off of bcp? If it's been under a year off it could still be an effect of birth control.

I've not had any bloodwork done - they did take one sample, but it was on completely the wrong cycle day so pointless! I had an ultrasound in December and all looked fine, but obviously that was 7 months ago now.

I've been off it since May 2011 - would have thought they'd be back to normal now. :shrug:

AF arrived in full force today, so my cycle was shorter at 35 days - hoorah! I ovulated too, so that's good.

I've got an appt with fertility clinic in a few weeks, so will see what they say - sounds like they'll be doing tests.

Just wanted to mention if you're still getting cramping over a period of days and not just all on one day, for me that was unusual post OV and was an early sign of pregnancy.

Ahh thanks, but AF arrived today - rubbish! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->