Pain from Endometriosis? TTC?

ArmyFam101

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a little advice here. Background information: I have Tricare (military) so it can take some time to talk to a doctor which is why I am asking here for tips and advice. I can't get into my doctor for about a month, so I understand some of this is duh, talk to your doctor type of stuff.. sorry but I greatly greatly appreciate any advice or tips.

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis back in February/March after being crippled in pain from my period. The doctor put me on birth control pills and they really helped! It felt like nothing was wrong and I have minimal pain/cramps when my time came each month. In September they started causing me to have headaches so I finished the pack and stopped the birth control. Was fine all October then my period came in November and again, absolutely crippled from the pain. I curled up on the couch, crying and moaning in pain to the point where my husband was scared and wanted to take me to the hospital.

We recently decided we wanted to have a family but my question is.. without being on birth control controlling the endometriosis, I am in horrible pain with my periods. I know the chances of coming off birth control and instantly getting pregnant is slim (except for high school girls who miss one pill and poof, they are prego - no offense.. slightly jealous lol) so needing to be off birth control to get pregnant, any advice on making it through the months that we don't conceive?? Or am I going to have to suck it up for the months we are TTC.. I'm willing to do the fight for our family but just looking for some friendly advice while dealing with endometriosis.

Thanks so much everyone!! I'm glad I found this forum.

Hey sweets! Welcome to BnB! :hugs: I have an appointment to be tested to endometriosis on 16 Nov. so I don't have too much knowledge on the subject but from what my research has told me... laparoscopy can remove the adhesions caused from endometriosis and can help with the pain AND it's a safe procedure for those of us TTC. I hope this helps a little sweets and good luck next month at the doctor. :thumbup:

I've just been dealing with the pain! My dr prescribed me 30 Vicodin 5mg a month (don't use even 1/10th of what was prescribed so I hide them for the next months AF) and they make it bearable I take 1 when AF starts (mine usually always starts in the evening) and then 1 b4 bed or depending on when the first one was a few hrs later. Total I usually take 3-5 a cycle and they help me to control the worst of it (which for me is the first 2 days)! If it gets really bad they do have surgeries and stuff but write a list of questions you want to talk to your dr about!! GL

Hi hun, I have endo and I know what you mean about the pain! Its excrutiating, I know. I was told by the gyno after my lapo that birth control pills would control it, but told my own go that we were ttc, so ibv thats totally defeating the objective. I was on diclofenic and tramadol, but was told to come off those as they arent good for when ttc or when pregnant, and was put on a high dose of co codamol which is safe and really really helps. Maybe its worth a try?
Hope this helps darling, good luck.
xxxxx

Hi, I was thought to have endo, had a laproscopy in July 10 where they removed a cyst, endo and adhesions. I am now TTC on doctor's advice not to leave it too long, apparently after surgery is the best time before the endo starts to come back. My pain is a bit better after surgery, still very heavy periods and painful at the begininning of AF, usually the first 2 days then it eases off a bit. I refuse to take any meds for pain relief, although I have been prescribed them, especially now as I am TTC I do not want anything in my body that is going to mess me about. At the moment I am just grinning and bearing it, have you had the diagnosis confirmed by surgery? You are not alone and if you need someone to talk to I can relate to your situation

xx

No I haven't had the surgery confirming but from all the symptoms, that is what my doctor had diagnosed me with. My sister has it as well. I guess the pain is here to stay.. not sure I need to waste the doctors time now. Even the nurses that I work with say there is no way to get rid of the pain without the birth control pills or surgery. Of which, birth control defeats our whole purpose! It's so frustrating. I'm with you Princess2211, I try to stay away from painkillers. We are TTC but that whole, wait a year before a doctor will talk to you, then I guess once that year is up then we can explore further options. I really hope everything works out soon though.

Thanks a lot for the responses.

I was diagnosed with endo 11 years ago after and exploratory surgery. My husband and I have been trying for 4 months now and being off birth control after being on it for 14 years I fear my symptoms are coming back a little at a time. I have been tracking my temperature taking ovulation kits but does anyone have any other advice? No month is the same so it very hard to plan or know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->