• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain in back, between shoulder blades?

Surprised26

Reaction score
I know back pain is common, I just expected it to be in my lower back, as that's where I typically have a disk problem. Woke up from a nap today with a deep ache in my spine between my shoulder blades. It's not unbearable, but does get more pronounced when I try to eat. Any chance that this is Pregnancy related?

(My doctor doesn't have a 24 hour line and I'd rather not have Emergency laugh at me for this question). I'm 27+1 and have not gained any weight, so I'm not sure what could be causing this as I'm pretty sure it's out of the reach of flailing limbs. I sleep the same way at all times so no chance of laying wrong and causing a kink. Also no lifting or otherwise unnaturally stretching the area. Just wonder if I should be concerned, or just wait it out.

It could be heartburn, but it could also be several other things. You could try taking tums, or another antacid, and if it doesn't ease up, I would go in. The tums should work fairly quickly.

I get a weird spasm between my shoulder blades and sometimes I feel like I have a hard time breathing, I wonder if it has to do with me becoming anemic? My midwife didn't sound concerned when I brought it up to her and my bp and everything else has been fine. :shrug: Could be heartburn. Try tums or another antacid as pp says. I'm thinking mine is muscular because when DH rubs it feels super sore then a little better.

Hun - don't want to freak you out but shoulder pain can be a sign of pre-e.

I'm sure it's not - but definitely get it checked out. My BFF had shoulder pain for a week before going to hospital and being diagnosed - that was her first sign something was up... she should have gone in sooner as by the time they started medicating it was all a bit late and she ended up having her perfectly healthy DS 4 days later at 29 weeks.

Loads of ladies have back and shoulder pain and it's absolutely nothing but it's always a red flag when someone mentions it to me now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->