Pain in hips

MummyinJune

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a pain in almost at my hips, just in a bit more towards my bits. i keep getting it when baby moves or if i have a b/h does anyone know what this is?

I had this with my 1st but not yet with this pregnancy. The dr told me when you get pregnant almost right away your hips start to rotate and spread causing this discomfort. Hope that helps!!

I haven't felt that one. I just turned 27 weeks. Maybe there is pressure on your baby and on your hips. Try to do swimming exercises and put pillows between your knees when you sleep. I hope this helps.:happydance:

Thanks girls, I have an appt at the midwife tomorrow aswell so hopefully she can help also xx

It's more than likely your hips shifting and widening due to hormones. Your hormones (mainly relaxin) actually cause the tendons and ligaments around your hips to loosen which allows them to open up and make room for baby to shift down.

I had severe hip pain mid-second trimester and it turns out my hips had loosened but then had locked in an unnatural position. I had to go to a physical therapist to get them back in a good position.

As long as the hip pain isn't severe (like mine was...I could barely walk some days and would actually cry out in pain getting up from a chair or bed :nope:) I would chalk it up to normal pregnancy discomfort.

Have you tried prenatal yoga? I've found the hip stretches/poses have helped me a lot with my hip pain plus many of those poses/exercises are supposed to help baby get engaged and in a good position.

Its like Ladyofrohan says. widening and stretching of the ligaments. Its called pelvic girdle pain or SPD symphisis pubic dysfunction. It can hurt a lot, see your mw and tell her, they can give you advise and a belly band. Dont do too much walking etc if it causes you pain. I had to give up my yoga it hurt too bad after. everyone is different tho. Just make sure not to aggrivate it too much as it can stay with you quite some time after birth but usually goes away w the hormones.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->