Pain in labour!!!

angelwidbump

mummy of 1 princess
Reaction score
hi ladies, i hope all your pregnancies are goin well, and everyone is ok:thumbup: Can i ask a big favour, I reli want to read some of your own experiences on labour. Im due on sunday with my lil girl:happydance: but im soooooooooooooooooooo FREAKD out about the pain of it all its doing my head in:cry:. I would RELI appreciate 100% up front advice and to read your experiences. everyone else i've asked have basically told me "it hurts" :growlmad: well duh! lol if you have any suggestions on distractions of pain please include as well. Thank you soooo much. This hopefully will help calm me down.
xxxxxxx

lol it hurts!

Despite gas & air, pethadine, and an epidural, it hurt like hell. BUT everyone is different. There are girls on here that will tell u how easy it was and they never expected it to be so easy, and then there are others who were in extreme pain.
I said at the time...NEVER AGAIN! And here i am WTT again!! lol

Honestly, no one can predict it, because everyone is different. But it is so worth it, and u will be fine. :hugs: xxxxx

Fedup as said everything hun :hugs:
altho iv had 3 and the first 2 i didnt have any pain relief at all just cos it wasnt that bad x
my last tho i had some gas and air but no other painkillers xxx

all women are diff hun x
hope it goes ok for you :hugs:

I've never been through it, but i have witnessed many L&Ds... I had one friend who wanted to kill her BD when she was only 3cm inand I had another friend who hung out with us at my best friend's birtday party until the end and then we went straight to the hospital and she was ready to push!

Who knows? Jsut remeber that millions of other women have done it and that you will be fine. It will suck, but my mother (who had all 3 of us without so much as an Advil) says that you just need to concentrate on the end result and do what your body needs you to do. Good luck!!

I didnt find it to be as bad as everyone makes out, but the trouble is, when u read birth stories, its the horror stories that stick with u. When i had my son, i was 3 days over my due date and i went to the doctors for a checkup, they said i had high blood pressure so they sent me 2 the hospital 2 b monitored, i was strapped 2 a monitor for about an hour and a half and then they told me i had 2 stay in over night to monitor me further as they said i was showing signs of pre-eclampsia, i was a bit upset as i didnt expect it at all. My mum brought my case 2 the hospital and i got settled in and went to sleep, at 1.15am, a nurse came in to do an internal, she said i was 6 cm dilated and i had 2 b taken 2 the high dependency unit 2 b put on a drip as i definitely had pre-eclampsia. The midwife wouldn't even let me have a drink...they broke my waters at 7.30 am and i have to honestly say, the contractions are the worst of it, i only had gas and air the whole way through which didnt really help with the pain, it onli helped me 2 keep breathing cos i kept holding my breath, but i dont know why lol, i started pushing at 12.04 pm and my son was born at 12.38pm, weighing in at 9lb 15oz, the midwife thought the scales were broken, she had 2 go and get another one 2 check haha i also had a 2nd degree tear and 20+ stitches but it really is worth it, u forget the hours u spent in pain when u hold ur baby, and u get such a buzz, u just wana do it again (i did anyways lol) and now i am, i cant wait to meet my little beanie, i know its a while off yet, but i'm soo excited to b pregnant again!! hope my story helps u, Good luck hun and Congrats xx

I tried for a homebirth and it barely hurt. I only had G&A cos I wanted to try it.
Things went wrong though so I had to go to hospital and it hurt in the ambulance and once I got to the hospital but that was because I tensed up so much.

thanks girlies, lol u all kinda eased my mind a bit, i need 2 think positive, n plus at da end of it i'll ave my lil angel. Mwah thanks all of u. Xxx

All I can say is - go for the epidural! I was in absolute agony before it, screaming (although this is because I was virtually fully dilated by that point on just gas and air, but thats another story.....), but when it finally kicked in it was magical - couldn't feel a thing!

Just a quick note, the hospital where I gave birth had a policy where they did not offer pain relief, you had to ask for it instead. So dont think that them not mentioning it means you cannot have any. Plus, there comes a point when you cannot have any pain relief (pethadine/diamorphine/epidural), just before you push, as it takes a while to work and might only kick in when the baby has been born anyway. So dont leave it to the last minute! I was not sure whether I wanted an epidural, but MW checked and was only 7 or 8cm dilated, so I knew I had a good few hours left so worth having.
Hope this helps! :thumbup:

I had an over all really easy labour . it does hurt thats a given but i didnt think it was half as bad as i thought it would be , i had Pain meds but no epidural . the pushing its self didnt hurt for me it was the contractions. good luck .

In labour.. contractions feel like horrible menstrual cramps. They start out mild but then eventually get pretty unbearable. I had back labour and THAT is very uncomfortable, I can't remember the pain exactly to describe it but I was yelling. I remember this really uncomfortable pressure in my abdomen also, I felt like one of my organs was having tons of pressure applied to it and was going to explode, LOL. Back labour doesn't happen to everyone and I don't think that pressure I felt is normal. Can't comment on giving birth vaginally, I had an emergency c-section. That's not painful but kinda scary. I was awake for it, and I was so afraid I was going to not be numbed well enough and feel them cutting me. Didn't happen though lol. It felt like a lot of pushing and pulling- you can feel something being ripped out of you - and it's a baby!!

I won't lie.... it is absolute agony! I went to 8cm dilated on my own at home and although I wasn;t in labour for very long I really thought I was going to die. It's hard to describe but it is probably the worst pain you will ever experience in your life, even the actual birth doesn't hurt as much. BUT afterwards you will have a gorgeous little baby and you'll forget all about it! Good luck

I was induced, so I didn't have the typical labour that starts slowly and builds and lets your body warm up properly. Mine just sort of slammed me. I also had back labour. It was pretty intense. One thing that I hadn't really expected was the sickness. Sometimes the hormones in labour make you really nauseous. I know I could have laboured on my own for longer if I hadn't been puking. That really took it out of me.
I opted for an epidural after five hours and it was fantastic. It let me rest, it stopped the sickness and I had a wonderful delivery during which I could feel everything and had no trouble pushing.
Just know that there are all sorts of pain relief options if it gets to be too much for you. No one will judge you or look down on you for deciding to use those.
Keep breathing and remember that this is a natural and exciting thing. You were built to do it and you will! :)

Oh, like Sarah, I had the epidural after 5-6 hours in labour after being induced.. but I puked when the pushing part came, not before! :lol: Some people just vomit! But it feels like such a relief when it comes up.. LOL

I've been getting really worked up about it but you've just gotta remember that every woman is different and regardless of what you hear from others, you're never going to experience exactly the same.. You'll probably find it really easy and completely pain free :) but on the other hand you could find it completely fucking unbearable.. Either way.. You'll be fine and you won't regret going through it :D good luck hun xxx

I was absolutely sh**ing myself about the labour, I was overdue by 11 days and every day I was worrying about the pain and getting upset about it. At the end of the day it's gonna happen, and it's totally and completely natural, your body is designed to give birth. I had the birthing pool which I personally found incredible, I felt more relaxed. I did have gas and air towards the end too, after 8 hours of labour my little girl was born. It was painful, but definately worth it. I felt like giving up at some stages but I got more and more determined to deliver her as naturally as possible and told myself it would be over soon and I'd have my beautiful girl in my arms. It's been 2 weeks, 3 days, and i'd say I would do it again because it was worth every second.

Good luck hun, you'll be fine. Just try and relax and remember it's completely natural. Oh yeah and listen to your midwife, they helped me at the pushing stage and I had no stitches :)

xoxox

OMG it is painful, but my nan a mother to 7 (so experienced) said to me dont scream, you waist energy and you need all the energy you can ... she was right and i didnt scream out once, i moaned but thats all.

Near the end i sat there and nearly cried saying i cant do this, i really cant. The midwife said great! she said you must be ready to push, everyone saids that they are ready to push. So when you think it cant get any worse, it probably wont, that means you are there ... and it wont be long.

i had a really bad labour and am doing it again so it cant be that hard. i remembered it vividly for about a week, now i can only remember snipits.

GOOD LUCK and think about what will pop out in the end

I'm not due until march but i asked my mum about the pain this morning lol. She said it hurt like hell with me and if i was her first then she wouldn't of had another one. But she said my older brother just popped out :rofl: she said the midwife was saying "your in pain now, take a deep breath" and apparently she couldn't feel any pain until the very end! Well, my mum's had six kids so it surely can't be THAT bad :hugs:

everyone is different doll.... just keep in mind, a womans body is built to deliver a baby!..:flower:

some tips i would give u are, when ur contractions start, don't tense up, try to find a breathing technique to help you ... and keep your shoulders down!

and one last thing !... if you feel the urge to push.... but the midwife is telling you NOT to... DON'T !!! U will end up with a tear if u do. I listened to the midwife and didnt have any stitches!

good luck :happydance:
xxx

Like been mentioned, everyone is different and copes with pain differently. Yes it hurts, once youve been having pains for 10+hrs just kinda accept it and take it, nothing else can do.
My labour was easy, just long. 26hrs. Had G&A with no affect and ending in making me very sick. Had pethidine which was a lovely feeling, but again it didnt have much affect on the pain. Best thing just to keep calm, i found when i was having an "emoitional" 10mins the pain was alot worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->