Pain in side, now spotting?

Charmed86

Reaction score
Hi all, I went to my GP earlier this week with a pain in my left side. She was helpful & said that it didn't seem to be anything too serious as the pain was too high up, but has referred me to the EPAU just in case. My appointment isn't until next Tuesday though. The pain then got worse, and lower down. It seems to have stopped today, but now I've noticed some spotting. I noticed it last night, but put it to the back of my mind. Then this afternoon there has been a little more. It's not a lot, literally spots of blood mostly. I've tried calling my Dr, but she is not in today. The receptionist didn't seem to really care, but has managed to get another Dr to call me to discuss it over the phone.

I am really worried. Am I losing the baby? Is this an ectopic pregnancy? I'm only 4+3. :(

Could be implantation blood alot of girls get it around the time their period is due, try not to worry

It could be so many things. I really hope it's nothing to serious. Have you tried peeing on a stick again? Or if you can get a doctor to send you for HCG blood tests, that would be even better! Did the pain go away? My understanding if that ectopic pain is usually pretty severe. Hope all is okay, try not to stress too much and keep us updated on what the doc says!

Surely implantation bleeding would have happened before the bfp? I got a bfp over a week ago now :( Its still mild spotting, but getting heavier. I really hope it's nothing, but preparing myself for the worst. The pain seems to have subsided for now, thankfully.

Not all the time hun I bleed at 4,8 & 11 weeks some people just take longer to expel the blood from their bodies I had Ib at 4 weeks (48) hours after my BFP, just try and take it easy hun xx

The pains in your side could possibly be either round ligament pain or a corpus luteum (sp?) cyst. It is a cyst that forms at ovulation time and produces the hormones needed to sustain a pregnancy. I get one every time I'm pregnant, along with the round ligament pain. The difference is that the cyst is a steady dull achy pain whereas the round ligament pain is a sharp, stabbing pain that comes and goes. I also started spotting yesterday morning but will not be able to get into the doctor until next week. They told me over the phone that if I start bleeding bright red blood or going through a pad an hour to go to the ER. Oh, and I am 5 1/2 weeks. I've had a miscarriage before and believe me when I say you WILL know if you're miscarrying. The cramps are pretty unbearable and you bleed clots with the bright red blood. Good luck!

Hi hunny. It could be numerous reasons. Implantation, general stretching pains, maybe an ovarian cyst which is very common, etc. I had spotting 3 days ago and I was so terrified. Only the smallest amounts of brown blood but it did scare me. It stopped shortly afterwards. I've also had pains, cramping ones sharp ones etc since before my BFP. They all worry me but all is progressing well. Hard to say don't worry. Rest and let us know what the Doc says ♡♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->