Pain on one side

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
I have been checked for ectopic so I can rule that out, however I sleep on my left hand side but in the last week this has caused a lot of pain so I have to try sleeping on my right hand side. Could it be hurting the baby As I wake up in the night on this side in pain? Would the baby be on a certain side? :shrug:

I'm not sure if it's hurting the baby, but I'm glad ectopic was ruled out. I would call your doctor as soon as possible, though. I have no clue what could be causing your pain.

I hope you find out soon!

It could be a corpus luteum cyst, which forms on the the ovary from the side you ovulated on. It produces progesterone to help sustain the pregnancy. It is fairly common and harmless. Ask your doc to scan for it and make sure it isn't on the verge of bursting (which could be causing the discomfort). Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months!

I also think it's corpus luteum. I have one right now that's bothering me, and I have had cysts before so I remember the type of pain it is.
Yours should get better by early 2nd tri.

Thanks for your advice, I will ask midwife on Thursday and hopefully she will send me for a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->