Pain under breast/rib area?

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
For the past week I have woken up every morning with a sharp pain under my right breast, might be somewhere around my ribs perhaps. I generally don't feel the pain during the day, but sometimes it feels a little sore as if bruised, and occasionally I've had a vague tingling or stinging feeling in the same place.
It's very weird because it's really quite painful when I wake up, but mostly goes away within half an hour. Has anyone had anything like this?
Baby is rarely high up, he's usually very low down, so I don't think he's kicking my ribs or anything.

I had the exact same problem and was concerned that it may have been gall stones. It all turned out to be fine for me though and went away after a month or so :) Keep an eye on it just in case but your most likely fine :) It is very painful and uncomfortable though! I would be in tears from it at times :(

Yeah, it's really strange. I just got another short sharp pain again from it just now, no idea what it is but it's so uncomfortable. :(

I had this everynight for a few weeks earlier on, around 32-34wks, was terrible, made it difficult to breathe and pain very sore. I was told baby kicking all day and leaves ribs bruised altho like u I've never felt baby kick that high! Thankfulky it's gona away now, hope urs does too x

Maybe it is that, he does kick me loads and very hard, just seems weird that it could be that high when the kicks are around my belly button or lower usually. I can cope with it just about, but it's not knowing if there's something to be concerned about that's the problem.

I'm not sure but I think that it is when baby has had some sort of limb or appendage in the same area for a long time so it becomes stretched and tender. I've had it for about a week now and it feels bruised and tender just under my breast. Baby's never really kicked there but I think a heel or an elbow might be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->