Pain while Pregnant

mamawannabee

Natural Mama/WTT #2
Reaction score
I know there is a sticky for tandem nursing/bfing in pregnancy. However it doesn't seem to have much action! For those who nursed through pregnancy, how long did the pain last? It is getting to be unbearable, but I don't want to force my daughter to wean just because I am pregnant. I am not sure how I feel about tandem nursing, as by the time #2 gets here, DD will be 3 and I don't want to nurse for 6 years straight if I nurse #2 this long. I kind of want a break, so we may try to wean at some point in the coming months anyway. I had planned on nursing until she self-weaned though so I am pretty torn :(

I had pain through 1st tri, but it got really unbearable at around 14 weeks and never got better. Probably not what you wanted to hear!! My supply was completely gone by then and because there was no milk, her latch also seemed to get worse. In the end, I only nursed for 5-6min or so before bed and it was extremely painful. Good news is that it got 100% better once my milk came in! I still keep her nursing to twice a day - morning and night, but she would nurse wayyyy more! She's 2.5. If you don't want to nurse for much longer, I might wean now while your milk supply is lower (though some women don't get a drop in supply, many do). It could be much harder after LO is here. But I was unsure about tandem nursing too, and it's much better than I expected. My supply came in super fast, and no plugged ducts or engorgement with my toddler also nursing. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->