Painful boob

Layla

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Need some advice...

I have always had a bit of trouble getting milk from my left boob, altho it does some out, it doesnt flow as well as my right one does.

Yesterday i noticed it starting to hurt a little and today its worse, im getting shooting pains through it and it just hurts in genaral.

It feels alot firmer than my right side, but doesnt seem to have any lumps in it.

Im still expressing the same from it, should i give it a rest for a while? or do i carry on as normal through the pain?

Any advice would be great, thanks

x

Keep feeding off that side, and expressing.
Does it hurt when feeding or just generally?
It could be the start of mastitis, if you feel fluey or down then pop to the doctors monday and they should give you some antiboitoics.

it hurts when i first start to express but once milk starts to flow then it stops, it hurts more inbetween expressing times.

Do you think that means i need to express more often then? i tend to get about 2 to 3oz from that side every 3 hours, where as i get more from the other side.

x

Could also be your 'let down' reflex that stimulates your milk to flow.
Mine used to feel like sharp pins and needles along the top of your breasts.
I found if i had that feeling every then afew second after i would start leaking and would get it randomly during the day even when i wasnt feeding.
Its different to each person, but it could be that.
I also found i could always get more from one boob than the other so i wouldnt worry about that.
As long as you are feeding regularly from each boob then there shouldnt be a problem.

don't know if it is the same if you feed from the breast, but when Juleika is just latching on on the right side it tends to hurt as well 'till milk flows.

How you feeling now babe, any better? x

a bit better but it still hurts now and again, i have noticed that they both really hurt and feel like they are being dragged downwards when my milk comes in, think thats teh let down thing everyone keeps talking about tho.

Its doing my head in now to be honest, i am really struggling with it all and i dont feel like im getting any support from anywhere, getting me down a bit

x

:hugs: I used to get a real heavy feeling and painful, I couldn't get hold of Alfie quick enough to get him latched on to help calm my breast down and stop the pain.

I had absolutley NO support initially with Alfie and Breast feeding, we asked numerous times in the hospital for help, but it never came, I eventually got help from my community MW, but it wasn't too long afterwards Alfie got a cold and I had to stop as he couldn't breathe and latch on in that position.

I am sorry babe, I can offer no advice as I was unsuccessful BF Jade, Alfie was the only experience I had and that didn't last much over 3 weeks.

All I know is, I would feed Alfie with a bottle during the day (unless I needed him to relieve the pain), but of a night I would sit comfy in bed and BF him and it worked out brilliantly.

I hope it works out for you babe, if there is anything you want to ask, just PM me or post on here, I will do my best, but as I said, I too had very little experience! :hugs:x

Thanks Tam.

Here is my latest thread about it all, but so far no one has answered.

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/16294-feeding.html

I dont expect you to answer it now lol, its just so youre up to date with whats going on.

x

Thanks babe, I will have a read anyway ;) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"