Painful Ovulation?

SweetPea3200

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm CD22 after 100mg of clomid this month:) I got a blood test yesterday that came back negative for ovulation (2.7 when optimal is over 60) and today I'm feeling quite tender and crampy in my lower abdomen. OPK looked positive or close to it today! My problem is that we didn't DTD yesterday or for a few days before that but we did today. Do you think I missed it by not BDing yesterday or do you think the cramping and positive/near positive OPK are signs that ovulation hasn't happened yet?!
How fast do OPKs go light after you ovulate?

Thanks!

You may have just O'd late. I think the best thing to do would be to arrange another blood test for a week from now. Doing the CD21 test on day 21 is usually not the best of ladies who have a history of not O'ing on their own. It often times happens later, even on clomid and things, so since you have ovulation symptoms I would request another one.

The opk's won't be a great indicator of O since the only measure surging LH. You usually always have an amount of LH in your system, and sometimes it can look like it is increasing again even after you O, which is why they tell you to stop testing after you get a positive. An opk may never go completely light or white, which is why you see some ladies using them as HPT's but still not being pregnant. You can still be getting some darker OPK results even a few days before AF if you have already confirmed O.

That's what I was thinking! Well hopefully I didn't miss it then:( Does anyone use CP as an indicator of O? How reliable is that?

I'll definitely get a blood test next week again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->