painful pubic bone

smashley

1st bun in the oven
Reaction score
Is pubic bone pain normal? It hurts when I'm just sitting here, when standing, when I get out of bed, and when walking. Damn. I guess that means it's always hurting. I see my dr on the 3rd and will bring this up then.

Not sure about pubic bone, but my tail bone feels permanently bruised, and I was told that this could be due to bones shifting and all, or baby's position, or any amount of things. My first guess would be a similar cause.

Is pubic bone pain normal? It hurts when I'm just sitting here, when standing, when I get out of bed, and when walking. Damn. I guess that means it's always hurting. I see my dr on the 3rd and will bring this up then.

Good 'ol SPD. Just google it and you'll find loads of info for it. I started getting mine around 28 weeks. I was given crutches for it but only for when I'm walking for long trips do I really need them. Or if I'm having a particularly rough day. One of the best tips I was given was to keep my legs together when doing things like getting in bed, getting in the car, and sitting down to put on pants.

I had SPD hun and it def sounds like you have it too xxx

I'll google it. Even putting on underwear is a pain

\Yep, that will be SPD. Can vary from pressure downstairs to feeling like you've been kicked in the foof by a horse. PGP tends to more general pain in and around the pelvis and back whereas SPD is concentrated around the pubic bone area. I have had it for weeks, can still get around but it's bloody agony after a while and putting knickers or trousers on is a nightmare! lol

My hips pop out of place a lot. I wonder if that is part of spd??

Hum something similar started happening to me lately, it happens specially when I am getting out of bed, feels like my pubic bone is split.

Hey,

I noticed this pain a couple of weeks ago at around 32 weeks and came across some articles about SPD online so went to see my doctor and he confirmed that it was indeed spd, he gave me some paracetamol and some information on certain do's and dont's etc and sent me on my way.

Some things that help me that you might find helpful, i started sleeping with a pillow inbetween my legs and this really helped me, sometimes i will wake up during the night needing the toilet which is when it can be most painful for me so i started sitting on the edge of the bed for a couple of minutes and rotating my hips lightly before getting up. Taking smaller steps when walking can help as well i find. obvious ones like dont cross your legs and a midwife suggested keeping your knees together when sitting and getting out of the car etc these tips also help.

Zoe x

I drive a jeep, so I have to step up and climb into the vehicle. Maybe a footstool would help make that easier. Even shifting hurts. Sorry, I'm just being a whiner today.

hay i had something similar and am on bed rest for it now... i thought it would be spd but it turned out that the baby was fully engaged and resting its head on my bones and literally trying to come early... it wasnt spd at all.. the doctor had to push baby out of that position and stop the contractions i was having. (small ones but i was having them ) i wasnt dialated or anything but the baby was preparing to come very early so you really need to get it checked out.. it may be spd or it may be something else..please get it checked out

I have had a pain in my pelvis but it only seems to be when I'm walking. Am hoping it will ease before labour but I'm not too hopeful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->