Painted for 2 days & used paint thinner before BFP.

Kmx

Reaction score
After researching online im quite worried about the activities I was doing before I got my bfp.

I tested early on Saturday and period is due Thursday.

On Friday and Saturday I painted all day and used paint thinner on my hands to get paint off and to clean my brushes.

Later that night I took a test (frer) and it was positive. I've then researched paint and paint thinner in early pregnancy and now im so scared.

I had a MC In sept and have been trying to avoid everything that could be harmful. I wasn't aware of the potential problems painting could bring if I was pregnant.

I am 4 weeks on Thursday.

Do you think I should be worried? I am trying to gain reassurance that i was so early but from what I've read the risk of harm is greatest in the first few weeks.

Can anyone reassure me?

I would try not to worry too much. Before your period is due, it's "all-or-nothing", ie if the embryo is harmed in any way, the pregnancy won't continue. I'd think the fact that you're still pregnant now should mean that the paint thinner hasn't had a negative effect. Plus it was a one-time thing, not extended exposure to the chemicals. Best of luck to you, but I think you'll be fine. :hugs:

No need to worry. For one thing, a limited exposure like that would probably not be enough to do any harm. For another, the baby is not even properly "tapped in" to the mother's blood supply that early on. Try to forget all about this and not stress.

I've also had a MC and understand the temptation to try to do everything perfectly to avoid it. However, it's not realistic to avoid every potentially hazardous thing for 9 months and, sadly, most MCs happen for reasons beyond our control.

I wouldn't worry at all. When I had my daughter last year before I found out I was pregnant I was lifting heavy bags of soil in the garden for a few days before I got my BFP. It did me no harm and I was 6 weeks when I found out. X

Thank you very much. That's very helpful and reassuring :flowers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->