Palmolive Aromatherapy Shower Gel?

luca123

Mum to 1,twins on the way
Reaction score
Hello ladies.

I'm looking for some advice.

Does anyone know if Palmolive Aromatherapy Shower Gels are safe to use when pregnant? I love them and use them all the time but I've been reading up about essential oils and have got myself a bit worried.

There is nothing on the palmolive website or the shower gel bottle about not using when pregnant. But one of the ingredients on the bottle that I have open at the moment is Jasmine Oil which I know you are supposed to avoid when pregnant.

My husband thinks I am over reacting as the quantities of oil will be so tiny - but if any of you ladies can give me any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm only 4 weeks - and really hoping that this one sticks. I'm going to chuck out my open bottle and get something else - I'm just worried in case I've already caused any harm.

I've read so much conflicting guidelines on what you should and shouldn't use.
I'm sure you and LO are fine.

I wouldn't have a clue, but I would have thought that if there was an issue with it they would be legally bound to put it on the shower gel x

Its not suggested to have gels when you are pregnant. I suggest you to have oils that can be mixes in water and can apply to body and have relaxation with fragrance. You can have them mix in bath tub and get relief from that.

This is incorrect. Aromatherapy oils are concentrated essential oils and should be avoided or heavily diluted. The gels ARE safer than oils as they are v dilute.

Here's a useful article.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/essentialoilsexpert/

I think you can continue using your shower gel as it will contain only small amounts of oil.

Cxxx

I've got the same shower gel, and it's my favorite.
Holy moly, the more I read.. the more I feel like I'm an accident waiting to happen on this poor baby.

:wacko:

-Edited: Nevermind, mine has Bergamot, Cassis & Orange flower.. and those aren't on the "no no" list.. so I should be good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->