Palmolive Aromatherapy Shower Gel?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by luca123, Apr 22, 2009.

1. luca123

luca123 Mum to 1,twins on the way

Hello ladies.

I'm looking for some advice.

Does anyone know if Palmolive Aromatherapy Shower Gels are safe to use when pregnant? I love them and use them all the time but I've been reading up about essential oils and have got myself a bit worried.

There is nothing on the palmolive website or the shower gel bottle about not using when pregnant. But one of the ingredients on the bottle that I have open at the moment is Jasmine Oil which I know you are supposed to avoid when pregnant.

My husband thinks I am over reacting as the quantities of oil will be so tiny - but if any of you ladies can give me any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm only 4 weeks - and really hoping that this one sticks. I'm going to chuck out my open bottle and get something else - I'm just worried in case I've already caused any harm.

2. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

I've read so much conflicting guidelines on what you should and shouldn't use.
    I'm sure you and LO are fine.

3. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have a clue, but I would have thought that if there was an issue with it they would be legally bound to put it on the shower gel x

4. spacegirl

spacegirl Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. Aromatherapy oils are concentrated essential oils and should be avoided or heavily diluted. The gels ARE safer than oils as they are v dilute.

Here's a useful article.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/essentialoilsexpert/

I think you can continue using your shower gel as it will contain only small amounts of oil.

Cxxx

5. BellaBlu

BellaBlu Lovin' my boys :)

I've got the same shower gel, and it's my favorite.
    Holy moly, the more I read.. the more I feel like I'm an accident waiting to happen on this poor baby.

:wacko:

-Edited: Nevermind, mine has Bergamot, Cassis & Orange flower.. and those aren't on the "no no" list.. so I should be good :)