Palpitations, anybody else?!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Oh my god the amount of these I've been getting today is unreal. I went to hospital a couple of weeks ago for this where i had full blood tests to check iron etc and i also had an ECG all of which came bsck fine. The doctor said pregnancy can cause this because of hormones and extra blood, i then went and saw my normal doctor 2 days later who said exactly the same thing. I do suffer very bad anxiety which is ok some days but others are awful so could be that aswel. Is anyone else getting lots of palpitations? X

Yes I’ve been having loads this pregnancy! I had them years before and they’d gone away, and now this pregnancy I get them all the time and so strong they make me cough. I’ve also been for ecgs and told nothing to worry about. I did however have an abnormal blood test for mch in a full blood panel, which could suggest hemolytic anemia...but no one has spoken to me about it, I just read the results online so waiting for my next appointment to ask. I’m going to try upping my folic acid intake to see if that helps. Try not to worry!

Thank you for your reply! Ive not heard of that type before. I've always been anaemic by now in all my pregnancies not sure why I'm not this time lol not that im complaining. The palpitations can be quite frightening especially when you get like half hour of them. I sometimes cough aswel! Hope your next appointment goes ok :) x

I had palpitations almost daily in the third tri with Emma! Hated it! Nothing bad happened and it stopped once she was born.

It's obviously quite common then, anything to do with my heart panics the life out of me which then probably makes it worse! X

I am so glad I read this! I’m having them like crazy and I deal with some anxiety as well. I started having them a few months before I became pregnant, came out everything was fine. But they are so bad lately! They don’t really scare me just kind of aggravating feeling them all the time.

Yes!

I had them really bad with my first, and from very early on (7 weeks or so).
My heart was racing all the time and the palpitations made me feel like I was going to explode. It's an awful feeling so I understand!

I was sent to a cardiologist and was right at the cusp of needing medication, so they told me to just take it super easy as much as possible.

Right after his birth my heart rate went right back down, and the palpitations also lessened over the course of about a week till then they were totally gone.

I'm expecting #2 now and did not have this problem again, so who knows!

Best of luck!

Thank you for your replies, it's definitely put my mind at rest as the anxious part of me started to try and convince me i had a heart condition! Glad I'm not alone x

Yes, this is very common! I had them with my first pregnancy so bad that I almost passed out once at 38 weeks. Went to the hospital, everything was fine, and they went away after my son was born.

I've started getting them a bit with this pregnancy already, but I'm hoping to avoid them by cutting out all caffeine as I have been having 1 cup of coffee a day. Idk how much it'll help, but hopefully it'll do something.

Yes, this is very common! I had them with my first pregnancy so bad that I almost passed out once at 38 weeks. Went to the hospital, everything was fine, and they went away after my son was born.

I've started getting them a bit with this pregnancy already, but I'm hoping to avoid them by cutting out all caffeine as I have been having 1 cup of coffee a day. Idk how much it'll help, but hopefully it'll do something.

Oh god i bet that was frightening at the time!
I only have 1 cup of tea today but sometimes i get a bit of a sweet tooth and eat some chocolate throughout the day so maybe i should cut that right back see if it makes any difference! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->