Panic attacks daily

PurpleMama

Reaction score
I started a new job in November. Loved it. It's a call venter so my first 3 weeks were training in a classroom no stress. I've been on the phones now for 2 weeks and having panic attacks getting progressively worse each day. I found out I'm expecting on the 16th so just a few days ago.

I'm emotional and stressed and I'm not coping well. This is my first pregnancy since my mc in October, new job, hubby at a new job, and now scared my anxiety is going to hurt the baby or cause another mc.

I'm toying with the idea of quitting but resisting for financial reasons. Advice? I'm desperate.

Maybe give it some more time and see? They say moving, divorcing, and a new job are the most stressful events someone can experience in life so it's totally normal to feel anxiety. Panic attacks are a little different as that may interrupt your ability to work anyways of course. If you think there's a good future there then there are some things you can do that might help you through each day until you are sure you want to leave. I think it's really a personal choice. I am personally choosing not to go back to work currently as my DH and I decided it wouldn't be worth it just to leave again when nugget is born. Do what you feel is right.

Oh honey, I feel your pain. I suffered from anxiety disorder for many years, and it only got worse after my first pregnancy. Therapy and the right medication helped me out and now I can talk myself down with no medication required when I feel one coming on.

Have you talked to your hubby about what's going on? Talking about anxiety is a good thing. For me just knowing other people understood what I felt helped me out tremendously. I was very quiet about it for months and kept it to myself and it got to the point I didn't even feel like me anymore. But once I realized that I wasn't going crazy and other people do have stress and anxiety I was able to re focus. So talk to your hubby (and I hope he is a supportive man) and see what your options are. Other things to try in the meantime is breathing when you feel one come on. I count my breaths....breath in 1 2 3 4 breath out 1 2 3 4, over and over till my heart rate slows. And try to get as much sleep as you can each night, I always found when my mind was fully rested I wasn't as prone to having the attacks.

I will send lots of positive thoughts your way, in the end you will know what is best for you and your little bean!

Working will probably help take your mind of things when your anxiety has calmed a bit :).

I only worked evenings my last pregnancy. I got so down and depressed being stuck at home everyday, bored, while everyone else was at work. Go see your doctor and they may be able to help. Even if it's just talking to someone.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->