Panic attacks over thought of feeling baby move

MarissaG143

Reaction score
I know this is probably a crazy irrational fear but I have anxiety and panic attacks and was hoping someone could make me feel a little better (as I type this I am in tears).

For many years (long before I got pregnant) I was so worried about pregnancy because I feared that I would have constant panic and anxiety over having something growing inside me. I envisioned myself being in the emergency room begging them to get the baby out because I couldn’t handle the anxiety.

Now, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I am so scared to feel the baby move because of these crazy irrational fears I have. Of course it doesn’t help that I can’t take any anxiety meds to alleviate this.

As a side note, we had three Cps before this pregnancy so on the one hand I feel so lucky to have finally made it to this point… but I just don’t know what to do.

Has anyone had this crazy fear and made it through. Please help :(

It's hard to imagine what the baby moving will feel like until you feel it. I didn't have a fear about it with my first, so much as I thought the idea was strange and I couldn't imagine what it'd feel like it. I also felt like my first was a parasite who'd taken over my body as the whole feeling of being pregnant was so foreign.

When I did end up feeling him move it was not strange at all. There was something familiar in the feeling, like 'oh, it's just you'.

You will be okay, try not to stress about it, the reality will be much less odd than you imagine.

When your not pregnant its weird to imagine them moving inside you but its gradual and its sort of a feeling that starts as a flutter and eventually it gets stronger. It's certainly not freaky more reassuring. Im not sure how to reassure you as its obviously a real fear you have but you probably will just find you feel it and your fine. Its never unpleasant in my experience it doesn't hurt or tickle or twinge. I am not sure what else to suggest other than its gradual and you will build up to it hopefully xx

I'm similar to you, I've lay in bed many times with my first feeling movements and thinking get this baby out of Me, probably because it's kind of out of our control. This time round though I'm enjoying it as it's so reassuring that baby is well and active! Try to think of it as a positive thing :)

Feeling baby move is such an indescribable feeling!! And it's a magical one at that. :) It will feel a little strange if you've never had a pregnancy before but you will quickly get used to it and fall in love. It's also our reassurance that our little ones are growing in there. :) Try not to worry. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->