Panicking about pgp/spd. Please help!

katsbump

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure I've developed this. It's horrible and I've left the house once in the last three days because I'm literally hobbling around and in horrible pain. I finally walked to the shop with my husband last night and it confirmed to me how bad it is - I needed support from his arm and if I'd been out alone I'm not sure what I would have done. I didn't go to my gp this past week about it as I kept thinking it would resolve but I've done reading online and can see that's probably not going to happen. It's a long weekend and I'm just panicking a bit about the state of myself. What if I'm like this forever? I have had the worst freaking pregnancy - I hate being pregnant - and now I'm in constant pain and can barely walk! Will this go away after the birth? Will I get physio? I'm due on Thursday and I'm really panicked at how immobile I clearly am. Anyway, I need advice or words from people who have been through this, please. Will I be like this forever?!!!! What do I do? Am I housebound? I have bad anxiety and this is really not making me feel good emotionally or physically. I feel like pregnancy is destroying my body.

I've had it in my previous pregnancy and in this one. The pain is so bad!!
It all went away again after my first pregnancy though and I was just fine and back to normal :)
If I were you I'd go to the GP to try and get crutches. I know the thought probably isn't nice but at least you can be a bit mobile.
Hopefully you haven't got long to go so you can be back to yourself again. X

Oh darling :hugs: I've had it for my last three pregnancies and its pure torture!
You won't be like this forever, I can assure you :) look up self help techniques on google and talk to your care provider ASAP

Thank you so much. I've read about this, but like most awful pregnancy symptoms you can't appreciate what it's like until it's happening! I'm going to try to not freak out this weekend (a long one, ahhhhh) and will be very emphatic about the impact at my hospital appointment on Tuesday. My heart goes out to everyone with this - it's horrible!

Try and talk to your midwife ASAP about it as there are certain labour positions you should try and avoid such as on your back, which could cause your spd to be worse after labour.
I find a support belt to lift bump helps mine, and various pelvis exercises. Xx

As soon as baby is born the pain dissapears don't worry. I too had it soooo bad in my last pregnancy. This time I already feel it at night sometimes and it's annoying. Hang n there it passes xx

Get yourself a support belt, I got mine free from the mid wife but they can also me bought online, It does not take all the pain away but defo holds things together a bit better... It does go away. I had it so bad I was convinced I would be left with the pain for ages but two days after birth I turned to hubby and said " ha I cant believe I didnt notice but my pelvic pain is gone" duh, id had it since 21 weeks... how the hell did I not noticed it was gone!!!

Go see an osteopath if you can. You'll have to pay privately, but they should be able to get you in almost right away. I had SPD from about 28 weeks until maybe 32 weeks give or take. I have hypermobile joints so I'm prone to it and it was pure misery. I had two appts with an osteopath to adjust my pelvis which had become misaligned and I felt pretty much normal after that with only minor niggling pain. I went on to have an easy, natural birth and the SPD didn't bother me at all during birth or after.

But also, know that some SPD like pain late in pregnancy can be triggered by baby engaging really deeply, so maybe baby will be arriving soon. But no, you don't have to feel like this forever and there are ways to cope with it.

I second going to the osteopath! I've had one treatment and feeling much better - I couldn't walk properly before and now I'm almost back to normal.
NHS physio isn't helpful - they have me excercises but the osteopath clicked me back into place and I feel much better.

It doesn't always get better after the birth but for the majority they feel better 48 hours after. Seeing the osteopath is good as they get to the root of the problem.

I would try and go to physio but I have to say it took 8 weeks for me to get an appointment...!

I have been given a support belt and they told me it should go away after the baby is born

Hopefully your LO will arrive soon and the pain will disappear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->