Panicking - BLW

nikkiangel83

Mum to a little girl
Reaction score
I'm starting to panic that I'm not feeding Honor enough. I know she is still BF but for some reason I am suddenly not trusting my instincts.

Typical Day is:

(BF on demand 3 or 4 times throughout the day, 2-3 throughout the night)

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast with fruit spread or peanut butter. Fruit purée mixed with fruit cereal (I can't express enough milk for this so use the Hipp Organic fruit pots mixed instead) A few blueberries, grapes, melon, dried apricot etc

Lunch - If not had toast for breakfast then I do an open sandwich with egg mayo or hummus/pasta, peas and sweetcorn with hummus/scrambled egg and mushroom. All of these would have some extra veg and fruit on the side too with an organix bit wotsit and rice cakes

Dinner - Whatever we are having but a baby safe version. Chicken and veg stir fry/Spag bol/Pork chops, mash and veg. If she is still hungry then I give her more fruit purée and cereal.

I also offer her water with every meal but I am going to start doing this more often now.

We are also testing her dairy intolerance. She seems ok with fromage frais but not cheese. I'm not brave enough to try full on cows milk in cooking yet.

I think I am panicking that I'm not giving her enough from each food group.

Any ideas/criticism welcome :kiss:

hey hun, i am doing BLW with my little girl...we do similar bits to you...but i also add in snacks mid morning and mid afternoon, such as bread sticks, fruit

I think that sounds ideal. I offer Ruby something from all the food groups at each meal but she rarely takes everything, I just leave it up to her to take what she needs. She out and out refused meat until 9m, tends to go through various phases such as eating carbs only, fruit only, no fruit, etc etc etc. I just let her get on with it. Food's more for experimentation at this age anyway. :)

dont panic hun i think everyone who babyled weaned has these moments ut honestly it pays off, rhys is 13 months now and feeding himself with a spoon. it takes a while to get into it and then you'll be flying. :hugs:

Thanks everyone. I really do believe in BLW as I think that food should be enjoyed and not endured.

Glad to know her menu looks ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->