Panicking - is he getting enough calcium?

Tinky_82

Mummy to a DS
Reaction score
Hi, my almost 11 month old ds started refusing daytime breastfeeds a month or so ago - he just has a bf before bed and very early morning. Is he getting enough milk? He has milk in porridge/cereal in the morning and lots of cheese and yoghurt - he's on 3 meals a day with a snack to try and replace dropped feeds. Is he getting enough calcium? I'm trying to get him to drink cows milk but he'll only have a few sips at a time - I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong - should I try formula?

If you're really worried ask your health visitor :) My lb is the same though he only has 2 feeds a day and more cheese/yoghurts than cows milk although he'll have a cup full in the morning thats it, just keep trying him with it i'm sure he'll get used to it soon :flower:

Thanks, my hv says it sounds like he's getting enough but I'd like reassurance from other mums in a similar position.

Calcium on its own doesn't do much, if baby hasa good intake of vitamin d3, k2 and magnesium these are all essential to calcium absorption. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->