Panorama Pre-Screen Blood Test

Petzy

Reaction score
Any of you ladies get or getting the Panorama blood test?

DH and I may go for it... seems like a good value for so much more information than regular pre-screening.

Had our 6 week scan today and baby measured exactly 6 weeks and we got to see the heart beat! It was so surreal but I am so happy xx

Had it done and got the results back in 7 business days...wonderful technology!

Had it done and got the results back in 7 business days...wonderful technology!

Can you tell me what you thought about it? You can private message me if you like. I'd like to know bit more about it and what your thoughts are. I think it sounds pretty great so far from what I'm reading.

It was pretty straightforward. They took two viles of my blood and had dh swab the inside of his cheek and they put the swab in a test tube. The weighed me and confirmed that I wanted to know the gender (which I did of course). They gave me the normal spiel about it taking 3-4 weeks but I'd already asked around and knew it would be sooner:winkwink:

The Panorama test for everything that MaterniT21 and Harmony do (there's an extensive list online) but it also test for Triploidy accurately and overall has higher accuracy percentages than the other free fetal cell dna test. Panorama (Natera) sent me a letter a couple of weeks after I got my results and thanked me for my business and offered to work with me if insurance didn't pay as expected...nice touch.

That's great to hear. Yeah it is not cheap but I think worth the investment for peace of mind. Thanks for your reply :). Finding out the sex so early is definitely a nice added plus!

That's great to hear. Yeah it is not cheap but I think worth the investment for peace of mind. Thanks for your reply :). Finding out the sex so early is definitely a nice added plus!

You bet! They seem like a good company and they will adjust any balances down some for you and/or make payment arrangements so I feel good about going with them. That being said Aetna covered it for me because I fit one of their criteria. You may want to check with your insurance and see what there coverage is (or isn't) with free fetal cell dna test.

There were several amendments and updates with major insurance companies as recently as January 1st to cover these procedures. They actually save insurance companies money so sweeping changes are going in affect as we speak in regard to coverage and expanded availability. Also now that the nasty legal war is over between the makers of MaterniT21 and Harmony over the patent for the process all of the companies are getting more competitive pricing and insurance coverage negotiations. A great time to be pregnant indeed!

I live in Canada, so we have public health care which covers all standard prescreening. But because this is a special kind of test, it wouldn't be covered by the public health care, so we have to pay for it. I do have private insurance as well, but it's very limited with what it covers for prenatal. I will look into it though. As far as I can tell though it is still a lot cheaper up here than it is in the states. My doctor told me today that it's about $800.

I live in Canada, so we have public health care which covers all standard prescreening. But because this is a special kind of test, it wouldn't be covered by the public health care, so we have to pay for it. I do have private insurance as well, but it's very limited with what it covers for prenatal. I will look into it though. As far as I can tell though it is still a lot cheaper up here than it is in the states. My doctor told me today that it's about $800.

Ahhh I missed that you were in Canada! Well it is definitely worth it as a piece of mind is truly priceless. Excited for you and be sure to update on how it went for you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->