Pansy & Mrsbroodypant.....and Lottie :-)

Hi Catherine.

Thought it would be nice to chat here and go through the next 8 months together!!

Hope u find me in here!

Xxx

Hi Janine!

Found it! I looked in the wrong section first, I'm so used to going to the TTC section of the forums!

How are you today? Did you manage to speak to your doctor? I had a telephone appointment with mine. She told me about an early pregnancy drop in clinic at the hospital if I have any problems between 6-14 weeks & that midwife will first see me at 8-9 weeks. Having my doctors notes updated to "pregnant" is surreal!

xxx

Ooooh, just noticed your ticker has changed to an Appleseed! How exciting! That is loads bigger than a poppy seed!

Yes a poppy seed is sooo tiny. An apple seed is a lot easier to see lol.

I took another test this morning before ringing the doctors. It was a line test and it was nice and strong!! Im so pleased. I was worried it would of gone.

I rang doctors and made an appointment for 8.30am tomorrow. I didn't tell the receptionist what it was about. I think i need to speak to the doctor because they will have to tell my fertility clinic and things. Hubbys is off work tomorrow so can come with me.

Its good that u can go to a drop in clinic if u needed to. Did the doctor say anything else?

xxx
xxx

She also said only take paracetamol for my cold (I'm trying to avoid taking anything) & Gaviscon rather than Rennies for indigestion.

That's nice your hubby can go with you tomorrow & v good that the line is still strong. When I took a digital yest I was scared it wouldn't show up. My digital result has disappeared now too, must have run out of battery! DH has banned me from taking any more tests as he says we don't need to. (I don't know that I agree!). I didn't take my BBT today as someone said that can just cause undue worry.

When I texted DH to tell him the what the dr said, he texted back saying he still can't believe it's real! I wonder when it sinks in?

Do you feel a little like you haven't go a clue whats going on, or is it just me? I felt like I'd read all about TTC & knew what my body was up to, but I didn't dare read about this & it all feels so unknown!

xxx

yes i feel exactly the same. We became experts about ttc and learnt far more than we really needed to. I also did not let myself read anything about pregnancy. But now ive got loads of apps and cant stop reading!! Im also looking at mothercare and mamas and papas website and choosing things! Hope im not getting ahead of myself but hubby said to just enjoy it. I wouldnt buy anything until after 20 week scan anyway. We have to decorate the whole of upstairs yet!!
Your hubby sounds sweet.

How old are u and hubby? when did u get married? im 28 and hubby is 33. our birthdays are in june so we will be 29 and 34 when the baby comes.

xxx

p.s
I have also stopped taking my temp. Its amazing not having to do it after taking it everyday for so long lol x

I'm 32, I will be 33 in June. Hubby has just turned 34. We got married nearly 3 years ago, just before my 30th. When I was growing up I always thought I'd have kids when I was 28, but health issues interfered with my 20s & it's only in the last couple of years I've felt well enough to consider starting a family.

Have you recently moved, is that why you have to decorate? We moved from an unfamily friendly flat to our present house in 2011. We've always thought of one room as "the nursery" but have filled it with other stuff so it didn't emphasise what we were lacking. It became my sewing room just before Christmas! I thought if i had it all sorted as something else, it might encourage fate to mess with my plans!!

What apps have you downloaded? I downloaded Baby Bump & iPregnancy (I think). Quite like Baby Bump, although some parts are aimed at Americans.

I keep worrying about getting ahead of myself too, but we have decided that we would be upset if anything happened whether we got excited or not, so we might as well enjoy it now!

One app called babycentre pregnancy is good - lots of info.

We got married on 25th july 2010 so coming up 3 years! We moved into our new home in 2011. We put in a new kitchen and decorated downstairs but did nothing upstairs yet. We also have a little room which will become babys room. How exciting!!!

X

Ooh, I like that app, it says I should book a weekend away! Don't think we will somehow, but it sounds like a lovely idea!

We're meant to be going to London on Fri & I can't decide whether to or not. It would mean getting a 730am train & takes 2.5 hrs. The only thing we've actually booked is the day off, so we can easily cancel. I don't know what to do for the best. Feeling ill with a cold real isn't helping matters!

Yes, my Digi said 2-3 weeks.

I just read on that app to avoid using harsh chemical cleaning products & wear gloves - I hadn't even thought about that! How strict do you think that is?

Aww london would be nice but if u dont feel up to it then perhaps go another time.
I want to visit london sometime this year as i want to see viva forever!
I dont know how strict the cleaning thing is but i will start wearing gloves! It says not to clean the oven so hubby will have to do that and ive told him to pick up after the dog as well lol
Do u have any pets? Xxx

Yes, what a shame we can't clean ovens, how I will miss that!!

We don't, strictly speaking, have a pet, but our neighbours cat is very friendly & comes round most days. He scratches on our patio doors until we let him in! I'm going to make sure I have gardening gloves on if I do any digging, to avoid the risk of contamination from him. What type of dog have you got? My parents have a black lab. At the moment he's only about 90% black, as he lent on some fresh paint. The nice white paint is now covered in black hair! What a muppet!

I went out and got fitted for a new bra this afternoon. It might be too soon, but I was just so uncomfortable it had to be one. It looks hideous, but I guess comfort is more important than looks at the moment.

Hope you get on alright at the octopus tomorrow. xxx

I went to docs and they made me an appointment with the midwife for next wed 13th feb at 1pm. Ive got some paper work to fill in before i go. Its about screening for things like downs etc..

My dog is a border collie called hollie. She is black and white.....like your parents dog at the minute lol dogs do daft things!!
I always wear gardening gloves but still manage to get all mud under my nails! I dont get it lol.
I feel like getting a new bra too. My boobs are very sore at night and ive been sleeping in a bra but id like a new comfortable one. I got a voucher for M&S!! Ive never had a bra fitting before. How do they do it? I would prob feel embarrashed xxx

That's quick for your midwife appointment, how exciting! Does the paper work look scary? Does it make it seem any more real?

Hollie sounds cute. Collies have boundless energy don't they? How old is she?

I've always had bra fittings as my boobs seem to change size quite regularly, so I'm used to them. They measure you either over the top of a t-shirt or over your current bra. They then look at you in the bras they recommend to make sure the fit. I think it's a good idea, especially at the moment. I always think they've seen it all before & I won't have to see them again, so I don't get too embarrassed.

I'm very excited by the mail I received today! I had seen that London Underground give out "Baby on Board" badges to pregnant women a while ago & have really wanted to be able to get one. I ordered one on Fri & it arrived today. It looks like this:

https://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/gecko_192/2577391db71f2a9341508fef4ad5b11c.jpg
I probably won't wear it out, unless I go to London when I am huge, but I am very excited to be able to have it! I might wear it when I tell people! It doesn't count as a purchase, as it was free, so I decided I was allowed to order it! Here's a link to where it came from: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/transportaccessibility/1169.aspx#page-link-baby-on-board-badges

Have you been into any baby shops yet? There was one next door to the bra shop so I popped in yesterday, but there were women talking about labour, so I left quickly! I'm in denial about that whole part, taking it one day at a time so I don't get freaked out!

Do you have any snow? There was a tiny bit at the edge of the road on my way to work but none at home. DH said there was hail the size of marbles at his work.

xxx

There was a thin layer of snow this morning but its all melted now.
I will go for a bra fitting soon -it doesnt sound too scary!!
Yipee for your badge...thats exciting!!
Hubby & i went into a baby shop after our docs appointment today. We didnt look for long tho, i feel as if im just pretending to be pregnant at the moment so feel a bit of a cheat looking round lol.
Yes hollie has lots of energy. She is 5 in sept so is getting calmer as the years go by
Xxx

Hi,

How u feeling? Im got a terrible cold now. Sore throat and bad cough. Feel awful today xxx

Oh no, poor you! That sounds like the one I've got - that started with sore throat & then moved to a cough. Hope you feel better soon. Is hubby looking after you well?

I'm completely shattered today. I work for 6 hours, but I was exhausted after 3. I actually put my head on my desk & shut my eyes for a bit during lunch break. I wonder if my boos would install a bed for lunchtime naps?! Don't know how much is cold & how much is being pregnant.

We've decided against going to London tomorrow as I'm just not up to it. We're hoping to go to the coast on Sat instead. We're about an hour & a half from my favourite seaside town, Lyme Regis. We seem to always there when we have big things on our minds, like moving house or now being pregnant. It has lovely little shops to look round & a small harbour. Do you have plans for the weekend or can you just chill & get better?

Apparently my DH has got himself a mumsnet account & has been reading loads on there. He surprised me with how much he knows about the 12 week scan. He has even been reading about how to get the baby to sleep! It's still freaking me a little if I read too much.

Hope you have a restful eve. xxx

Thanks hun.
I feel rubbish but have managed to get through work. I think this cold is something to do with pregnancy but i get scared every time i cough - dont want to hurt the tiny baby.
That sounds like a lovely place to visit. I hope u have a great weekend!
My nanna is in hospital because she fell and banged her head very hard on a wall and now has internal bleeding on her brain. She is 93 and was very healthy before this! We have been told she only has a few days to live. Very sad.
Im thinking when she does pass away that once we get over the initial shock i might tell my mam that im pregnant.
It might help to keep her positive as my nanna is her mum.
My hubby has downloaded baby apps. It really helps because he sees it says things like i will be tired etc...he is looking after me well.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->