Pantomimes - what age did you first take your lo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflower79

Reaction score
I would really like to go see a panto this year, but just not sure if my dd (will be 3 in Feb) is a bit too young to sit through it? We'd probably go to the afternoon one if we do go. Has anyone taken their lo's of a similar age and how did they get on?

I took DD last weekend (14th) and she loved it! There were plenty of kids there younger than her who were fantastic well behaved, stayed seated. She's 4 and a half.

We took DS last year when he was almost 3 and it was a bit of a mixed experience. We went with a group of friends and managed to get front row seats. Unfortunately, it was Peter Pan and the beginning was really loud and dark with shouting etc from the Pirates and Captain Hook! DS was terrified and started screaming so we took him outside to calm down and then went back in a few mins later. As soon as we got to our seats, he freaked out again. In the end, we spotted some empty seats near the back and asked then usher if we could sit in them and they said yes. DS was still a little nervous but he seemed to enjoyed it towards the end.

We are going again this year but we don't have seats right at the front and it is Jack and the Beanstalk so hopefully no loud banging or shouting this time!

X

I first took DS1ast year when he was 2yr 8mths. He was way better than I even dared to hope he'd be in terms of sitting through it. He was just a bit unsure of the baddie in it but nothing that sitting on my lap for a bit couldn't sort.

We took our DD last week at 11 weeks ;) she didn't like the loud noise but had a bottle and was ok. Our ds1 first went at nearly 3 and our ds2 went this time for his first as well and he's 2 y 7 m and I managed to get him to sit for a while, but i put him on baby reins and attached them to the seat so he couldn't run off x

We decided to skip this year and go next. The 2 boys going (my lo and bff's nephew) will be just over and just under 4. We thought this would be a better age

We went this year my son was just over 3. He is normally pretty terrible at sitting still and there were quite a few times he was messing about but it was all school trips when we were in and it's pretty noisy anyway so it was ok. He really enjoyed the songs which was nice to see

Connor had his first one this year and loved it, he is 22 months xxx

1 years old and it's been a tradition for us since.

My oldest has been watching butlins panto since he was 2 and my 17 month old sat through a 2 and a half hour panto last week and watched the entire thing :)

My daughter will be 3 in 3 weeks and she's gone to the christmas panto with my mum and dad for the last two years. Last year she sat still and was amazed by it all. This year she was apparently dancing in the aisles while they were singing! Lol

DD went to her first one last year at 2 years 3 months and was brilliant throughout. We went again this year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"