Pantomimes

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Anyone going to any pantomimes this year? Which ones?

I haven't been to one in years but I was thinking we might take Holly to one next year :)

Evies school organise a whole school trip to the panto every year, with super discounted tickets. I didn't take her last year, I thought she was a bit young. OH and I took her this year, it was Peter Pan, with David Hasselhoff as captain hook 😂😂 i will probably do it every year now tbh, we paid about 35 for the 3 of us, compared to £82 for a family ticket at usual prices!! She was a bit scared of the "baddies" pirates, especially when they came out with supersoakers haha. But she loved the pantomime dame, and got really into the traditional 'oh no it isn't!!' Type things :)

We took Alex to see Jack and the Beanstalk last week. He didn't like it at first because of the loudness, and when the giants part come on he started crying wanting to go home. I talked to him telling him it's not scary and the giant wasn't even played by a person, just on a screen on the stage, he was ok, just put his hands in his ears when the giants part came on. He was singing and shouting in the 2nd half and glad he didn't go home. He's looking forward to next year now, so am I!

We're going to see Beauty and the Beast, can't wait :).

We went to a small one at a church - dick wittington
then youngest went to see aladdin with his grandparenta
oldest saw jack and the beanstalk with school and youngest saw 'santas little helper' with his nursery

I was going to take DD but didn't think she'd enjoy it, then her nursery teacher told me they had some students in to perform and she loved it....so will look to take her next year or even New Years if I can squeeze it in.

We saw Peter Pan ds1 loved it he was loving shouting out and kept saying hook was the baddie :haha: it is pretty loud but he seemed to adjust within a few minutes.

So gutted we're not in the U.K at the moment, I loved panto as a kid and ds would probably have loved it this year :(

We've never been! We're going to see Aladdin on Christmas Eve. Lucas picked it and now keeps saying he doesn't want to go :dohh:

Oh no! Hopefully he enjoys it once he's there though :)

We went to see Snow White last week. DD has been to a couple now but it was DS's first one he loved it singing and shouting along. Love the pantomime.

We've never been! We're going to see Aladdin on Christmas Eve. Lucas picked it and now keeps saying he doesn't want to go :dohh:

We saw this last year, it was fantastic! Ds1 was loving it and talked about it for months. Best panto I've seen actually :thumbup: hope you all enjoy it as much as we did :flower:

We went to see Aladdin this year (managed to bag tickets when they did a deal of £5 a ticket... normally £16 each!) and it was amazing :) we've been for the past three years and Jacob loves it

We saw Jack and the beanstalk this year, it's the first one I've been too since I was a child. I only took ds as I didn't think dd would sit through it but now I wish I'd taken her as I think she would have loved it. It was so much fun, definitely going to be an annual thing now.

I was about to start a thread about pantos, I feel like the only person that hates them, because of DD I don't have to go this year but I've been dragged along twice as dh is too chicken to tell mil not to book me a ticket :dohh: I keep saying every year I don't like it and yet still seem to have to go, I can't put into words how excruciating I find sitting through them :wine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->